Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can revenue seize van for income tax debit

• 06-05-2021 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

sole trader for a while but since covid starts I lost contract.
    Some income tax replayment left I agreed but with current situation not sure when I could repay that.

Question. Can revenue seize van for income tax debit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

They can, a sheriff could do it on their behalf if instructed.
    However, I will say I've had clients with debts who, when threatened with Sheriff, always avoided the loss of assets by engaging and making regular payments towards the debt.

I know last year Revenue were allowing people into low interest phased payment arrangements for their pre Covid debts. Talk to your accountant about whether there are any options like this available to you at the moment. Most important thing don't put your head in the sand, even if all might be quiet from Revenue at the moment because of Covid, it isn't going away.

Advertisement