Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ASOT wrote: »
    Hopefully Mellor but the optics don't look good to be fair.

Anyway atleast a donation was made and alot of good will come if it.
    Somebody posted the foundation tax return on Reddit. Was something like 500k revenue and 180k expenses. I can understand McGregor’s team wanting clear information when the donation was equal to their entire revenue.

The donation was independent, but Dustin has praised it. Ultimately it’s about helping. Not social media points. If direct donation helps the most, then it makes sense.

Dustin spoke about in on the MMA hour
    It's not my money -- it's the people's money," Poirier said of McGregor's pledged donation. "I don't know why people think that or get that from. ... It wasn't a slap in the face. It was a high-five, because the people in the community are going to win."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mellor wrote: »
    Somebody posted the foundation tax return on Reddit. Was something like 500k revenue and 180k expenses. I can understand McGregor’s team wanting clear information when the donation was equal to their entire revenue.

The donation was independent, but Dustin has praised it. Ultimately it’s about helping. Not social media points. If direct donation helps the most, then it makes sense.

Dustin spoke about in on the MMA hour

That makes things much more clearer so nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Chimaev has smeshed his Mercedes. I can't put my finger on it but I have such a dislike for that guy

Chimaev has smeshed his Mercedes. I can't put my finger on it but I have such a dislike for that guy

Without even googling I was sure that it was given to him by Ramzan Kadyrov.
    He'll be gifted another

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Without even googling I was sure that it was given to him by Ramzan Kadyrov.
    He'll be gifted another

Bingo! It was indeed a Kadyrov gift.

I dont like Chimaev either. He's fought 2 complete and total cans and talks like hes just run through the entire division.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,552 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I dont like Chimaev either. He's fought 2 complete and total cans and talks like hes just run through the entire division.

I agree, he does not come across likeable tat all ,

Remember that absolute nonsense about coming to Dublin to find McGregor to beat him up on the street and being stopped by armed police,

The fella was being paid to be a sparring partner and his papers where not in order so he didn't make it past customs in the airport,

https://www.instagram.com/p/COT2MmHnISO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Oh that Kadyrov, such a wacky fun guy when he isnt persecuting people over their sexual preference

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

His new child was just born.

Rían McGregor.

Fair play, hope everyone is healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

What weight was the baby?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

US2 wrote: »

8 foot tall and 300lbs like Diaz in the first fight

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ASOT wrote: »
    8 foot tall and 300lbs like Diaz in the first fight

Did he have a full 9 month camp or did he drop out on short notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Same weight as the other baby born in the ward, but there was a noticeable size difference..........Conor Jnr looked small in comparison

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭RulesOfNature

wheres the mcgregor v pacquiao fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

He's spending a noticeable time out of the country at the moment, it's almost as if he taken a leaf from the Denis O'Brien rule book and becoming a tax exile. Considering he waves the Irish flag and he was happy to claim his social welfare when he was too lazy to have a job and train at the same time, it's a bit of a kick in the balls to the Irish state that he'll be paying tax elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

He's been enjoying himself/training in Abu Dhabi since the Dustin fight and while his girlfriend was pregnant/giving birth, can hardly blame him with the restrictions that have been here since January.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

So the baby was born in the Middle East then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

He's spending a noticeable time out of the country at the moment, it's almost as if he taken a leaf from the Denis O'Brien rule book and becoming a tax exile. Considering he waves the Irish flag and he was happy to claim his social welfare when he was too lazy to have a job and train at the same time, it's a bit of a kick in the balls to the Irish state that he'll be paying tax elsewhere.

1/10 try harder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

How do you thing fighting in the states works, exactly?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    So the baby was born in the Middle East then?

Yeah
    1/10 try harder

Try harder for what?
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    How do you thing fighting in the states works, exactly?

He normally arrives home after his fight, it his whiskey money he's protecting. he won't be putting his foot in Ireland for a day over the 188 days this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The restrictions didn't allow for training here.

So do you think he should have been here not training or somewhere else where he could train?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah

Try harder for what?

He normally arrives home after his fight, it his whiskey money he's protecting. he won't be putting his foot in Ireland for a day over the 188 days this year.

It's a lot more complex than that. It's 183 days in the past year or 280 days over 2 years. Also, you are still considered tax resident in Ireland for 3 years after you leave. So, if McGregor didn't want to be consider tax resident here he would have needed to say most 183 days a year here since 2018.

It's a lot more complex than that. It's 183 days in the past year or 280 days over 2 years. Also, you are still considered tax resident in Ireland for 3 years after you leave. So, if McGregor didn't want to be consider tax resident here he would have needed to say most 183 days a year here since 2018.

Interesting. I thought it was straight forward enough, be interesting to see what he does then. Kinda confused about the whiskey sale, if he has sold it on, what's the attraction now he has nothing to do with the brand? Surely sales drop now he has no part of the company? Or does he still have a stake?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Interesting. I thought it was straight forward enough, be interesting to see what he does then. Kinda confused about the whiskey sale, if he has sold it on, what's the attraction now he has nothing to do with the brand? Surely sales drop now he has no part of the company? Or does he still have a stake?

I imagine he is still involved in some way. Maybe he kept a percentage of the companies or gets a royalty or cut off the profits.

He’s partners bought out full equity in the company. That’s his ownership stake. But not any salary or endorsement deal he had would remain.
    If he didn’t have one before he should have, but they certainly would have offered one as part of the buy out as they are well aware that he is the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Very off topic but someone might be able to help me with this one. I'm filling out a Birthday card for a friend that turns 50 this week and is a big MMA fan (watches and trains it). I want to include a well wish along the lines of "You're not 50 - it's 5 perfect 10-point rounds"

Can't seem to nail down the right words though. The above doesn't sit right in my mind. Any thoughts on how I could make it flow better?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Very off topic but someone might be able to help me with this one. I'm filling out a Birthday card for a friend that turns 50 this week and is a big MMA fan (watches and trains it). I want to include a well wish along the lines of "You're not 50 - it's 5 perfect 10-point rounds"

Can't seem to nail down the right words though. The above doesn't sit right in my mind. Any thoughts on how I could make it flow better?

A championship fight where you win every round is scored 50-45 so something like " and the new champ by unanimous decision of 50-45 against Life ". Surely that can be improved by someone else maybe?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Maybe something like “In championship rounds and its unanimous with 5x10’s”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    A championship fight where you win every round is scored 50-45 so something like " and the new champ by unanimous decision of 50-45 against Life ". Surely that can be improved by someone else maybe?
    Axwell wrote: »
    Maybe something like “In championship rounds and its unanimous with 5x10’s”

Nice Job! That's a great improvement. Appreciate this.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »

This is definitely better. But the issue is that a 5 round win is still 50-45. Which is a bit awkward when you only want to use half of it.

As an alternative, what a about a fight record rather than a fight score?

"The champion, undefeated and undisputed, advances his record to a perfect 5-0"

(five and oh)

Advertisement