Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Cup 2019/20 Round 6 - All to play for

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Glaws don't need a BP, a win by 12 or more would do

But it ain't happening either way

• Subscribers Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Toulouse will hockey Gloucester

Hummmmm

Might be eating this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Big call going for the corner here. Need to build points.

Wasteful in hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Back to how we all expected it to go I guess.

Yet again Gloucester butcher a fantastic chance with some piss poor play.

No chance of winning in this form.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Was that yellow even a penalty?

What looked like a high tackle in real time but he basically just grabbed Kolbe by the top of his jersey. Didn't even make contact with the actual body.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Sensational try from Toulouse

A Toulouse special
    Dupont and Ntmack making all the moves

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Eod100 wrote: »
    1) Leinster 28 (123) Q1st
    2) Exeter 27 (81) Q
    3) Clermont 24 (93) Q
    4) Racing 22 (71) Q
    5) Toulouse 22 (56) Q
    6) Ulster 21 (22) q
    7) Northampton 19 (-17) q
    8) Saracens 18 (33) q

Some mouth watering fixtures coming up. As a munster fan, I'd like to see Exeter win it out, or even ulster.

Foregone conclusion that Toulouse have this bagged up, likely to get a BP as well so fixtures will look as follows:

1. Leinster vs Saracens
    2. Clermont vs Racing
    3. Toulouse vs Ulster
    4. Exeter vs Northampton

Great to see that the last game of the round and group stage is still massively meaningful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

So who do Ulster want? Toulouse or Exeter?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Brewster wrote: »
    So who do Ulster want? Toulouse or Exeter?

Exeter probably. I think winning any knockout game in France is really difficult. Exeter are probably a better side than Toulouse, but for some reason I could see us winning there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,755 ✭✭✭✭bilston

lotmc wrote: »
    So if Leinster beat Sorrycheats, they get to play winners of Exeter V Northampton in the Semi, again at home in the Aviva. If they win, they probably get a French team in the final in France (sorry Ulster, but c'est la vie).

Nothing easy about it, but will be very sweet if they pull it off.

Could still be Exeter v Ulster and Toulouse v Northampton

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Relish the Lein V Sar game, should be a sellout!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Somehow Toulouse fail to score again to secure second seeds. Northampton would have been easier for them than Ulster. Going to very difficult for ulster but not impossible, Toulouse will give up tries, so could be a high scoring game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

degsie wrote: »
    Relish the Lein V Sar game, should be a sellout!

Aye. Two “genuine” heavyweights

lotmc wrote: »
    So if Leinster beat Sorrycheats, they get to play winners of Exeter V Northampton in the Semi, again at home in the Aviva. If they win, they probably get a French team in the final in France (sorry Ulster, but c'est la vie).

Nothing easy about it, but will be very sweet if they pull it off.

That's incorrect. Exeter as Seed 2 are on the other side of the draw. We'd have the winner of Clermont v Racing in a semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Foregone conclusion that Toulouse have this bagged up, likely to get a BP as well so fixtures will look as follows:

1. 1 Leinster vs 8. Saracens
    2 . 4 Clermont vs 5 Racing
    3. 3 Toulouse vs 6 Ulster
    4. 2 Exeter vs 7 Northampton

So Leinster/Saracens v Clermont/Racing. And Toulouse/Ulster v Exeter/Northampton? Tough draw for Leinster

For Leinster it'd be Sarries at home and then Clermont or Racing at home. Final would likely be Exeter or Ulster.

Other than the Exeter game, all of those semis are huge matchups.

For Leinster it'd be Sarries at home and then Clermont or Racing at home. Final would likely be Exeter or Ulster.

Other than the Exeter game, all of those semis are huge matchups.

I think Toulouse at home would be very tough for Ulster. Exeter should beat Northamption alright

• Advertisement

I think Toulouse at home would be very tough for Ulster. Exeter should beat Northamption alright

Yeah it'd be a stretch definitely but I'd love to see them go far in the competition.

Yeah it'd be a stretch definitely but I'd love to see them go far in the competition.

Oh yeah me too. Now that Munster are out will be backing Leinster and Ulster. Just that Toulouse away is a tough ole trip but plenty of rugby to br played between now and then!

Oh yeah me too. Now that Munster are out will be backing Leinster and Ulster. Just that Toulouse away is a tough ole trip but plenty of rugby to br played between now and then!

I'm a munster fan, but want to see Exeter win it out. They are a home grown team at a local level. Great for the game to see teams like exeter thrive.
    Leinster are a great team with the resources of saracens and more to hand. Leinster are the posh toffs of rugby, let's face it.

lufties wrote: »
    Leinster are the posh toffs of rugby, let's face it.

inpho_01369006.jpg

inpho_01369006.jpg

Come on Exeter!!!

Come on Exeter!!!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'm a munster fan, but want to see Exeter win it out. They are a home grown team at a local level. Great for the game to see teams like exeter thrive.
    Leinster are a great team with the resources of saracens and more to hand. Leinster are the posh toffs of rugby, let's face it.

Ironically, Leinster are the most home grown team left in the tournament by a mile.

Buer wrote: »
    Ironically, Leinster are the most home grown team left in the tournament by a mile.

That was true 3 months ago as well...

Anyone know if the player issue around Brexit is sorted for this year? Know they did something last year but not sure if it applies this season? Could only find this https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/european-cup/champions-cup-brexit-proof-eligibility-for-knockout-stages-1.3792609

• Advertisement

Anyone know if the player issue around Brexit is sorted for this year? Know they did something last year but not sure if it applies this season? Could only find this https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/european-cup/champions-cup-brexit-proof-eligibility-for-knockout-stages-1.3792609

It would take a one line adjustment to the eligibility rules for the competition which they will do immediately if needs be. It is a non-story.

Advertisement