Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black work trousers

Options
  • 21-10-2019 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions for work trousers (preferably black but not necessarily) that are very low-maintenance, i.e. that i can throw in the washer/dryer and hang up straight away without ironing. I recently bought pairs in Penneys and Dunnes and both went straight to charity shops after the first wash because they were all creased, I don't even own an iron, ain't nobody got time for that. :o

Comments

Those light hiking ones like regatta etc are great for low maintenance. Not the best time of year for them though.

NEXT might have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Any suggestions for work trousers (preferably black but not necessarily) that are very low-maintenance, i.e. that i can throw in the washer/dryer and hang up straight away without ironing. I recently bought pairs in Penneys and Dunnes and both went straight to charity shops after the first wash because they were all creased, I don't even own an iron, ain't nobody got time for that. :o

Black polyester is probably what you are looking for. The nastier the better. Just don't expect anyone complimenting your trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Those light hiking ones like regatta etc are great for low maintenance. Not the best time of year for them though.

Now that's one place I'd never have thought of looking, thanks, will have a look there tomorrow. I think they've a big sale on at the moment too.

I should also mention that I'm size 14-16, so I'm not skinny. My office is not very dressy (but not casual enough for jeans), and I mostly wear flat shoes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Asos ones aren't too bad for creasing, I've definitely worn them to work straight from the dryer a few times.

This is the particular style I have https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-elasticated-clean-tapered-trouser/prd/9270239?clr=black&colourWayId=15030115&SearchQuery=asos%20design%20elasticated%20taper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Try Tesco. They won't be far off the quality of Dunnes mind, but I had a black shift dress for the office from Tesco and you could roll it in a ball and it wouldn't crease. They dried quite quickly, I didn't put them in the dryer.

Advertisement