Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Health Expenses

• 26-01-2020 2:23am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have “ snap and send “ with the VHI, that allows me to claim 75% back on gp visits. Can I claim for the other 25% through Revenue ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭con747

I have “ snap and send “ with the VHI, that allows me to claim 75% back on gp visits. Can I claim for the other 25% through Revenue ?

Not sure if this helps. https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/choice/how-to-claim-back-health-expenses-31091526.html

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Yes - you’ll get 20% of the 25% to offset against your tax liability

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

That’s great , thanks , it’s been an expensive year !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,709 ✭✭✭✭walshb

On my account, anyone know what "PAYE-BASE-WEB2839630259722941988" is?

Submitted income return form on my account, and was able to view what I submited; then went in again to review tax years and PAYE-BASE-WEB2839630259722941988 popped up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

walshb wrote: »

Submitted income return form on my account, and was able to view what I submited; then went in again to review tax years and PAYE-BASE-WEB2839630259722941988 popped up?

There’s delays at the moment.

See here for wailing and gnashing of teeth: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058046276/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Quick question on this subject.......

I work for a Large Multi National and am provided with Private Healthcare thru VHI.................

The premium for 2020 is €2367.36

On my monthly payslip I have the following entries...

On Income Side I get a VHI Subsidy of €230.61 per month

On the Deduction Side I pay VHI €197.28 per month ( x 12 is the premium amount )

So my subsidy is higher than the deduction so I am right is saying I'm incurring tax on this additional amount of income.

What is the tax implication for this VHI perk....?

Is there any Tax Claim that can be made as part of health expenses ?

Totally Confused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

walshb wrote: »

Think there’s a general issue. It’s not just you. Tried checking several clients 2019 refunds and got similar messages. There might be some back room work going on to sort the IT issues of late. See what’s on tomorrow.

Advertisement