Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preparation time-How much do you do?

Options
  • 23-01-2020 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi New here
    I have been teaching about 15 years-Religion and English. We don't do Religion as an exam subject. I teach in a mixed school-boys and girls.
    Im mainly an RE teacher-just 3 classes of English.

I dont really take much stuff home except an honours group I have for English.
    I do feel I should more preparation. Especially in Religion
    Its just hard to motivate yourself in the evenings. I have two young kids.
    I don't do s and s. So I do prepare during my free periods.

Am I a lazy teacher??!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭2011abc

No matter how much you did there would always be some gob5**** who would suggest you weren't doing enough /they were doing more .It seems standard now to expect grown adults to fear the inspector like a childhood bogeyman and to guilt everyone into feeling inadequate about their input e.g. Race to arrive in school first and leave last .The very antithesis of teaching in past when it was the opposite ,teachers happier and kids were smarter ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Hi New here
    I have been teaching about 15 years-Religion and English. We don't do Religion as an exam subject. I teach in a mixed school-boys and girls.
    Im mainly an RE teacher-just 3 classes of English.

I dont really take much stuff home except an honours group I have for English.
    I do feel I should more preparation. Especially in Religion
    Its just hard to motivate yourself in the evenings. I have two young kids.
    I don't do s and s. So I do prepare during my free periods.

Am I a lazy teacher??!

Nope. That sounds like you have it to a T. Don’t ever think otherwise. You’ll find there’s a lot of faffing about by some teachers who look very busy but have very little substance.

Advertisement