Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused

Options
  • 21-11-2020 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

I'm confused with how all the different devices work in a family household.

I have an Echo downstairs. It's attached to my Amazon account. We use it with a Fire TV Stick and a few Philips hue lights. We have family Spotify and a few Kindles

If I get the new Echo Dot clock for my teenage daughter's bedroom, I think she would have to attach it to an Amazon account of her own so she has her own reminders etc?
    If I then get her a Philips Hue lightbulb and a plug, I presume they would attach to the hub downstairs. But can she then voice control them through her Dot?

I hope the questions make some sense!!!

It seems easier to automate the home when it's one or 2 adults and maybe small children but not so easy with 3 teenagers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

You would just link the dot to Philips hue aswell so she can control all the features.

I assume The dot would need to be linked to an Amazon account of her own, I’m not an Alexa user I use google but I would assume that’s what’s needed.

Advertisement