Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alpinestars Missile pants advice

Options
  • 11-05-2020 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi all,

I’m thinking of investing in a pair of Alpinestars Missile leather pants and wanted to know if they’re any good?

If buying, I was going to order online so can I find out about what the alpinestars sizing is relative to “normal” sizing? I.e. to wear 34” jeans usually, does that translate to their euro size 44 correctly or should you go a size up or size down? Also for leg length, for someone 5’10”, do alpinestars consider that in the short or regular leg length (fairly sure it isn’t long).

Then there’s the airflow vs normal... in Irish climate, is airflow any good or is it even a disadvantage by leaving you too chilly?

Thanks,

Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Zero improvement of the universe post but I want a pair of pants with missile in the name! Where do I sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭rowanh

I tried on a pair of Alpinestars leather pants before and was shocked at how tight they were, seemed like the waist was 4" smaller than the number on it.. I was wondering if I had become a fat c***..

I would suggest paying more and buying in a shop, you can try and haggle..

If that is not an option then have a look at reviews on revzilla on youtube, may help with sizing..

v=RxtWqAASuRQ

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭BrianHal

rowanh wrote: »
    I tried on a pair of Alpinestars leather pants before and was shocked at how tight they were, seemed like the waist was 4" smaller than the number on it.. I was wondering if I had become a fat c***..

I would suggest paying more and buying in a shop, you can try and haggle..

If that is not an option then have a look at reviews on revzilla on youtube, may help with sizing..

v=RxtWqAASuRQ

Thanks for the constructive reply. I’ve checked around shops locally (Cork) and cant find anyone stocking Alpinestars leather pants. When asking about a pair, need to put a deposit before they’ll even get a pair in stock.

Ended up travelling to Dublin for a pair. Luckily they had a good range of sizes in stock as my initial guess of a size was a good bit off. Threw in a pair of hip protectors for only a couple of € as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

which shop did you go to Brian?

I have a weakness for Dainese gear so I just bite the bullet and go to Bikeworld. They're quite reasonable on Dainese stuff actually.

I was going to say I prefer leather pants, but actually I've never owned a pair of textile pants :eek: and if winter commuting stays off the agenda why would I need to. I just think the protection of leather is better and it breathes on hotter days. I stick on cheap waterproofs if it rains.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

which shop did you go to Brian?

I have a weakness for Dainese gear so I just bite the bullet and go to Bikeworld. They're quite reasonable on Dainese stuff actually.

I was going to say I prefer leather pants, but actually I've never owned a pair of textile pants :eek: and if winter commuting stays off the agenda why would I need to. I just think the protection of leather is better and it breathes on hotter days. I stick on cheap waterproofs if it rains.

MegaBikes Ballymount. City centre one isn’t open AFAIK.

Advertisement