Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That's true, but in practice you need to use a hand to point a torch where you want it anyway, unless you have a head torch.

For the price and small size of these they are very good.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

That's true, but in practice you need to use a hand to point a torch where you want it anyway, unless you have a head torch.

For the price and small size of these they are very good.

For the price they are good.
    Manys a time Ive held a small torch between me teeth while working on a bike with both hands.:)

Keyring LED torches 2 for 1.99 in Lidl including batteries, I got these a few years ago and well worth having. Available Monday 5th

Was in the local Lidl today and was surprised to see these out, picked up a pair...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

M&S are doing merino wool base layers (tops & trousers) - like this for example

They're around 30 blips, some more, some less, depending on the 'warmth' (weight).

I got the heaviest/extra warm trousers (bought in store) and they are excellent - very high quality & warm.

And they're almost half the price as the same offering from Knox, Spada, etc.

• Advertisement

Lidl car/bike battery charger from Thurs 12th, €19.99

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=50227

batterychawk02_01_s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got this headstock stand and rear stand off ghostbikes for under €71 delivered using parcel wizard.
    They were on sale and got an extra 10% using NEWSLET10 code.
    3tk36d65.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

that's exactly what I need, do you need to get a different pin on the headstock part for different bikes?

that's exactly what I need, do you need to get a different pin on the headstock part for different bikes?

5 pins included.
    Offhand I think they are 13,15,16.5,17 and 18mm.
    Remember use the code and cheaper shipping method if u can.
    http://www.ghostbikes.com/5140-black-pro-range-front-height-adjustable-head-stand-and-rear-paddock-stand-(b5065-and-b5072).html?utm_campaign=7864820_December%20-%20Happy%20New%20Year&utm_medium=email&utm_source=UK%20Good%20Deals%20Ltd&dm_i=YA7,4OKJ8,KNT86C,HHSTJ,1

just ordered. tried setting up a parcel wizard account but it wasn't sending me the sms to confirm the account so ended up paying 75 euro. thanks for posting it :D

• Advertisement

Just in case you are not sure how to raise the bike on a headstock stand..
    It pivots so you'll more or less have it folded in half when sliding it in to position for the pin to go into its place.
    As you raise it,it straightens out.
    You need to have the bike on the rear stand first.

blade1 wrote: »
    Just in case you are not sure how to raise the bike on a headstock stand..
    It pivots so you'll more or less have it folded in half when sliding it in to position for the pin to go into its place.
    As you raise it,it straightens out.
    You need to have the bike on the rear stand first.

i'll keep the phone in my pocket so I can text for help if it traps me underneath it :pac: thanks for the tip. I've never put a bike up on a rear stand before either, I suppose I'll need to order those little bobbins too for the lifters back there to slot into?

Bobbins would be the handiest.
    What bike have u got?
    Is there threading for adding bobbins on the swing arm?

k3 sv650s, fairly certain there are threads but I'd have to check to see what size thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

15% off on motorcycleshop.ie until wednesday with offer code MOTORCYCLESHOP15 - top lads every time I've used them.

You beat me to it :)

Pricing up a Shoei lid at the moment, surprised how expensive Louis are even before adding delivery. Visorshop.com (Crossans) and Helmet City are off the wall too even though helmets are zero VAT in the UK.

What's the story with the Shoei adjustable cheek pads, does the lid come with a selection of sizes or what? Been wearing Shoeis for years but never had a lid with these.

Edit: apparently you get the standard size ones with the lid, you can order the altenative sizes if you want it tighter or looser (oo-er) but most people won't need to.

15% off a lid is a nice discount, it means I could get a nice pair of winter gloves and a couple of bits and pieces and still pay less than the price of the lid alone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

You beat me to it :)

Pricing up a Shoei lid at the moment, surprised how expensive Louis are even before adding delivery. Visorshop.com (Crossans) and Helmet City are off the wall too even though helmets are zero VAT in the UK.

Check out the ONE TIME DEALS section on M&P. Some nice bargains to be had. Arai's from £199.

Arais just don't fit me.

Already ordered from motorcycleshop.ie, but thanks anyway.

Arais just don't fit me.

Already ordered from motorcycleshop.ie, but thanks anyway.

No bodder, plenty of Shoei, Shubert, etc. as well. :)

Picked up a pair of RST Tracktech Evo R race gloves yesterday.
    Only used twice and still smell of fresh leather and Kangaroo leather too.
    RRP is 130 euro,got them for 75.
    So I got a bargain.

I have the RST TrackTech Evo gloves,but the Evo R is a grippier glove with much more finger and wrist protection in it.

• Advertisement

^^^^

I don't think you quite understand how Bargain Alerts works ;)

Kat1170 wrote: »
    ^^^^

Eh,I think I do.
    So maybe you should look over the 6 pages of this thread 1st before having a pop.:rolleyes::p

Big tyre sale on up in Crossans/The Visor Shop in Newry at the moment.
    And free delivery to Rep Of Ireland on orders over 70 yoyos.

http://www.thevisorshop.com/en/motorcycle-tyres/c-205.aspx?PartnerID=167&utm_source=irp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=130_huge-savings-on-motorcycle-tyres_2017-01-25_12-57

Cotters also have a tyre sale on at the moment

Picked up a pair of RST Tracktech Evo R race gloves yesterday.
    Only used twice and still smell of fresh leather and Kangaroo leather too.
    RRP is 130 euro,got them for 75.
    So I got a bargain.

I have the RST TrackTech Evo gloves,but the Evo R is a grippier glove with much more finger and wrist protection in it.

Telling everyone about a pair of gloves NOBODY else can get at that price, is NOT a Bargain Alert. Its more nah, nah, nah, nah, nah. Look- what- I- got. :confused::confused:
    Big tyre sale on up in Crossans/The Visor Shop in Newry at the moment.
    And free delivery to Rep Of Ireland on orders over 70 yoyos.

http://www.thevisorshop.com/en/motorcycle-tyres/c-205.aspx?PartnerID=167&utm_source=irp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=130_huge-savings-on-motorcycle-tyres_2017-01-25_12-57

Cotters also have a tyre sale on at the moment

This however is :pac::pac:

^^^^

Telling everyone about a pair of gloves NOBODY else can get at that price, is NOT a Bargain Alert. Its more nah, nah, nah, nah, nah. Look- what- I- got. :confused::confused:

This however is :pac::pac:

Read the last 6 pages my friend (quite a few bargains Ive allready posted) and then please try to stop complaining.;)

Some cheap DIY stuff in Aldi next Thursday that would be handy for a workshop/garage and the bike.

Metal spray paint and vernier calipers are some of the items I would go for.....spraying metal bike parts or measuring motorbike parts like nuts n bolts accurately.

https://www.aldi.ie/c/specialbuys/dates/2017-02-02?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AEvent%3ADIY+Essentials&page=0

Read the last 6 pages my friend (quite a few bargains Ive allready posted) and then please try to stop complaining.;)

Your medal is in the post :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thankyou.:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No need for that nonsense. This is a helpful forum not a snooty one.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    No need for that nonsense. This is a helpful forum not a snooty one.

Telling people he bought a pair of second hand gloves somewhere is not particularly helpful either.

Advertisement