Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWAP LICENCES AND ADD CATEGORIES

Options
  • 25-11-2020 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hey all,
    I have a UK CAR Licence (full) that I need to exchange for an EIRE one pre Brexit 21. I also have a full licence for a Motorbike that's Irish. So essentially I have 2 licences (know you are not supposed to have both)
    Anyway could you have 2 licences and get away with it? Be handy for points and all :)
    I have an appointment to swap the UK car licence for a Irish one and is it advisable there on the day to declare that you have an existing Irish Bike one (sure their system would flag this right?) Is it just the option to tick to add a category or do I need all my IBT certs and all that sh!te...
    Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

sirmixalot wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I have a UK CAR Licence (full) that I need to exchange for an EIRE one pre Brexit 21. I also have a full licence for a Motorbike that's Irish. So essentially I have 2 licences (know you are not supposed to have both)
    Anyway could you have 2 licences and get away with it? Be handy for points and all :)
    I have an appointment to swap the UK car licence for a Irish one and is it advisable there on the day to declare that you have an existing Irish Bike one (sure their system would flag this right?) Is it just the option to tick to add a category or do I need all my IBT certs and all that sh!te...
    Cheers,

Make appointment.

Bring both licences, get a new single license in return.

Pretty straight forward.

Advertisement