Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arlo Q camera problem

• 25-11-2020 9:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭

Having a problem with my Arlo Q cameras. The picture from them has gone very dark.
    Up until today the feed was perfect both during the day and at night with Hue coloured lights on.
    Now the day time feed looks really dark and with the hue lights on you can barely see anything.

Have been perfect for the last couple of years. Only thing I've tried so far is rebooting the cameras but didn't help. Nothing has changed in the settings.

I'm hoping it's a software issue rather than the cameras but would be weird if it was the cameras as they are different ages and this happened at the same time.

Anyone else have these cameras? Can you check your feed?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

adox wrote: »
    Having a problem with my Arlo Q cameras. The picture from them has gone very dark.
    Up until today the feed was perfect both during the day and at night with Hue coloured lights on.
    Now the day time feed looks really dark and with the hue lights on you can barely see anything.

Have been perfect for the last couple of years. Only thing I've tried so far is rebooting the cameras but didn't help. Nothing has changed in the settings.

I'm hoping it's a software issue rather than the cameras but would be weird if it was the cameras as they are different ages and this happened at the same time.

Anyone else have these cameras? Can you check your feed?

In the device settings in the app, go to video settings, brightness... there is a setting there to impact the brightness. I have notivced also that sometimes the position of the camera can effect brightness... depending on how much shade it is exposed to etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Bluefoam wrote: »
    In the device settings in the app, go to video settings, brightness... there is a setting there to impact the brightness. I have notivced also that sometimes the position of the camera can effect brightness... depending on how much shade it is exposed to etc.

Yeah I have that set to max. Haven’t moved the cameras at all and it was actually with my Hue lights on that I noticed it. In two rooms with different light colours which have always been fine.

Looks fine again in daylight so will keep an eye on it when it gets dark later when the lights come on.

If it’s still happening il remove the devices from the app and reinstall them and see if that sorts it.

Both cameras offline now. Can't get them to sync at all now after removing them. These cameras were always temperamental about connectiong but this is a pita.

Tried everything to connect them but they just refuse.

May have to look at alternatives. One reason I went with these was because you got cloud storage without a sub.

Got this sorted eventually. Customer support eventually came back and said it was a software update problem worldwide and that they were rolling back to the previous version.

Connected the cameras back up and could see they were updating. Once finished they connected straight away. Hopefully the dark picture with artificial lighting is fixed.

Advertisement