Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spider-Man - Miles Morales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

numbernine wrote: »
    No. Completed main story today..

I just persuade the brother to go halves on the Ultimate Edition by telling him it comes with the first game and all the DLC, turns out it’s the remastered one and only works on PS5 I’m some langer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

J. Marston wrote: »
    Haven't seen it in motion but it doesn't look half as expressive...

Maybe it's just me, but the old version looks like the crispest pictures they could find. The new one looks like it's 1080p, or less, going by the blur on the text in the first one. I reckon it's a deliberate attempt to make the new one look worse.

Take this picture for example. The level of detail is slightly higher on the PS5 version, not as high as I expected but again from a picture it can be hard to tell, but to me it makes it look like the pic you showed was a deliberate attempt to make it look worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭numbernine

I actually thought it was very disappointing, the story is so short it doesnt give you a chance to get into it. And by the time you do its over! Dialogue wasnt half as good as the first. Ill continue to play the side missions and get some milage out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is this worth €60?

Id only bother with it if you havent played the Prior Spiderman game, as you get that with it, or if you wanted to replay it.

As the new Miles Moralse game looks to be very short, to put it in perspective, the MM story is under 7hrs long, while the Prior game is 17hrs ish, so if you're just gonna play the MM game, id wait till its €20 myself..

nix wrote: »
    Id only bother with it if you havent played the Prior Spiderman game, as you get that with it, or if you wanted to replay it.

As the new Miles Moralse game looks to be very short, to put it in perspective, the MM story is under 7hrs long, while the Prior game is 17hrs ish, so if you're just gonna play the MM game, id wait till its €20 myself..

Bit late now already bit the bullet :D

The first game only comes with the Ultimate Edition for €80. Yeah heard this game is very short alright 60 is very steep for a game this size. I don’t tend to have long gaming sessions anyway so this will prob feel a bit longer to me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Can anyone tell me this. I know if you buy games with a US PSN account you can only download and use DLC content on the account you bought it on, but seen as the ultimate edition of MM comes with the original game and all DLC included would this mean I could play the extra Spider-Man DLC content on my main account?

correction wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me this. I know if you buy games with a US PSN account you can only download and use DLC content on the account you bought it on, but seen as the ultimate edition of MM comes with the original game and all DLC included would this mean I could play the extra Spider-Man DLC content on my main account?

It’s not the original game, it’s the remaster. Which only works on PS5. Just Incase you make the same mistake I made :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭brady12

So I redeemed the code I got from GameStop for the additional content with this but when I went download it ps5 glitched and now I can’t find additional content on the game or ps store hub to download it . Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Just completed the full game on PS4.
    Very good but not worth the full price asked. From a gamer view there isn't really enough new material.

That said however, whoever is writing the stories needs to get a job in Phase 4 of the MCU. Great story. Great twist on
    The Tinkerer. All other 'verses an old watch maker style baddie, here one of Miles best friends from childhood. Also great take on The Prowler, did well to differentiate him from his Spider Verse counterpart.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just seen this on resetera
    Spider-Man Remastered and the PS4 version have just been updated to support save transfer between PS4 and PS5.

First you must update the PS4 version to 1.19, then upload the game save when on the save selection screen.

The PS5 version must also be updated to 1.001.000 to allow save downloads.

The PS5 and PS4 versions can be installed at the same time on PS5 by going to the Remastered game page, selecting the 3 dots next to "Play", selecting "PS4 Full", then download.

All trophies auto-unlock on PS5 when transferring a PS4 save. The new PS5 exclusive add-on trophies also auto-unlock if requirements were met on PS4 save.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭jones

What mode are people playing this on the PS5? I'm usually the 'shinnier graphics' option but tried the performance mode and swinging in 60 FPS sure does look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tyler66

great trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,285 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Really enjoying the game, as I did the original. Stealth is still almost too easy most of the time even without the actual stealth powers, considering enemies, who know they're up against Spider-Man, never think of looking at anything more than 6ft off the ground. And I still find it hard to actually just stick to a wall or ceiling properly, instead relying on perches.

But, the gameplay and swinging is still as utterly fantastic as ever, the story and characters are decent, and the new powers all work well, with fewer overpowered gadgets too.

Anyone else having issue with accessing spider app by swiping left ? Insanely unresponsive to use

brady12 wrote: »
    Anyone else having issue with accessing spider app by swiping left ? Insanely unresponsive to use

Yeah I didnt think it was that great. You can map it to left or right on d pad in the pause menu. Much easier.

Finished story and all the side stuff. Platinum requires a NG+ playthrough though, as well as a few other general gameplay trophies I missed (wall/ceiling takedown, 100x combo). Might leave it for a while. Still a great game, and makes me really look forward to a proper sequel. I think Insomniac have the framework to do something really amazing and spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Don’t suppose there will be any price drops for Black Friday on this one yet no?

biggebruv wrote: »
    Don’t suppose there will be any price drops for Black Friday on this one yet no?

Not a hope. Only been out 2 weeks. Maybe Xmas but even then I wouldn't bank on it.

Remastered worth getting for extra €20 ? I finished the dlc in Spider-Man but tempted go back and do any side missions I didn’t do .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,514 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gonna see if this drops in price during Christmas sales. Can anyone confirm if the ps4 version gets a free upgrade to ps5 in case i see that chapter?

Is there any time limit on buying the SM remaster from the MM menu as i want to get the ultimate edition but in case i see the standard edition on sale and not ultimate?

Lastly do you need too have the MM disk in to play the SM remaster, going to trade in MM but keep SM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Gonna see if this drops in price during Christmas sales. Can anyone confirm if the ps4 version gets a free upgrade to ps5 in case i see that chapter?

Is there any time limit on buying the SM remaster from the MM menu as i want to get the ultimate edition but in case i see the standard edition on sale and not ultimate?

Lastly do you need too have the MM disk in to play the SM remaster, going to trade in MM but keep SM.

All i can confirm for you is you dont need the MM disc to play SM, have mine gone and SM works. I got a code to download SM Remastered in the box for MM, same as any digital game now

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah I didnt think it was that great. You can map it to left or right on d pad in the pause menu. Much easier.

Finished story and all the side stuff. Platinum requires a NG+ playthrough though, as well as a few other general gameplay trophies I missed (wall/ceiling takedown, 100x combo). Might leave it for a while. Still a great game, and makes me really look forward to a proper sequel. I think Insomniac have the framework to do something really amazing and spectacular.

I lied. Ended up going back and platinuming it. Didnt take long, you can just belt through the story on NG+, do a few activities here and there to get enough for suits/gadgets (the backpack collectibles are easiest, 3 tokens each, quicker than doing side missions or things from the app).

Only killer is the 100x combo. That took longer than I thought. Easier to find a big group of enemies and just keep dodging, occasionally using finishers to take out brutes or swordsmen.

I lied. Ended up going back and platinuming it. Didnt take long, you can just belt through the story on NG+, do a few activities here and there to get enough for suits/gadgets (the backpack collectibles are easiest, 3 tokens each, quicker than doing side missions or things from the app).

Only killer is the 100x combo. That took longer than I thought. Easier to find a big group of enemies and just keep dodging, occasionally using finishers to take out brutes or swordsmen.

Thinking about going for the platinum myself. I remember getting 99x combo early on in the game I nearly threw the controller out the window when I lost it :pac:

Anybody know if my PS4 save can be carried over to PS5?

Thinking about going for the platinum myself. I remember getting 99x combo early on in the game I nearly threw the controller out the window when I lost it :pac:

Anybody know if my PS4 save can be carried over to PS5?

I was following a tip on going back to the first mission and dodging the first set of enemies since they have no guns. But I'd repeatedly get to the 60-70x and rather than dodge over one of them, Miles would dodge to the side and the tracking b*stards would follow and make the hit. Ended up going to one of the Underground bases and just dodging like a madman on one of the top platforms. Since there's more to dodge it racks up a lot quicker and bundles everyone closer together. Only took one try there.

I think you can upload your PS4 save from the main menu in-game, then download it from the PS5 game menu (ie. do all within the games rather than the console menus). That's how it worked for Spider-Man Remastered anyway.

S0orry if answered already but could I log into my friends ps4, download my SM save from the cloud, do whatever i have to do in the game to update the save, upload it to the cloud and then download again on my ps5 to transfer the save?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    S0orry if answered already but could I log into my friends ps4, download my SM save from the cloud, do whatever i have to do in the game to update the save, upload it to the cloud and then download again on my ps5 to transfer the save?

I imagine so. As I said to ItsHoggie, once you're in the game, you upload your PS4 save within the game (I think it's just a case of pressing Square in the main menu, it's noted in the legend on the bottom of the screen), then download it from within the PS5 version. I see no reason why your method wouldn't work.

I imagine so. As I said to ItsHoggie, once you're in the game, you upload your PS4 save within the game, then download it from within the PS5 version. I see no reason why your method wouldn't work.

Ah okay cool, so just take down my ps4 save, play game, upload in game and away i go. Now to check if my friend still has spiederman :) Thanks Penn!

Does the PS5 have a separate trophy list? I’m about half way through the trophy list on PS4 and I’m due a PS5 next week, was gonna carry over my save and get the rest then but If I’ve to start again with the trophies I’ll just finish on my PS4

Does the PS5 have a separate trophy list? I’m about half way through the trophy list on PS4 and I’m due a PS5 next week, was gonna carry over my save and get the rest then but If I’ve to start again with the trophies I’ll just finish on my PS4

Once you transfer your save to PS5 version, when you start playing any trophies you've earned on PS4 should pop again on PS5. At least that's how it worked with SM Remastered once you transferred PS4 save. I had to swing around for a few minutes while all the trophies popped for it. My trophy screenshots for it could be like a flip book if I printed them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

I put it on friendly neighbourhood and went to combat challenge 1.0

There’s a few holograms with guns to watch out for but they spawn in waves so makes it, for me anyway, more suited to grabbing the x100

Plus on easy, you basically only lose the combo if you time it out by not keep up the fighting quick enough

All I need is to complete NG+ and get the 3 extra skills on the way and I have platinum. I don’t need too many on OG Spider-Man either. Haven’t played it since the PS4 but I see you don’t need to replay the game for platinum... getting ultimate for Taskmasters drone challenge should be fun :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement