Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 24 Nov 2020 #goodday4acoup

Options
  • 24-11-2020 2:10am

Been looking at the 7.00 Wolves, and I think the top 3 in the betting aren't up to much - with the three ranging in price from 5/2 to 4/1. Nearly all worth laying for 3 places imo :p

They make a price for the one I like, so that's good.

That one is MAGHFOOR, and available at a proper each way price of 14/1. In the care of Eric Alston for 2 1/2 years, and yet to win for him; thus resulting in a massive ratings drop, from a high of 82 down to a lowly 48.

I can sniff something in the offing. He was staying on over the extended 9fs last time at the course. That was three weeks ago. The form figures are poor; but, in the few outings he's had on turf over 10fs (am banking on the 1m4fs here on the Tapeta in this basement Class 6 being the key, and that he'll stay it just fine) in the last year or so, the 6yr old has been staying on at the end in most of them. I can see him staying on here best of all too.

He's finished far enough away to be dropping in the handicap all the same. With two poor runs at Newcastle; in his second, and third last outings I don't exactly (as similar surfaces) know what to make of those, especially the most recent over the same trip as today, when he was sent on from the start, and finished detached. I'm guessing just for 'camouflage' , at least that's what I'm telling myself.

The fact that he returns to Dunstall Park is the clincher for my posting here (a tough crowd :p) . It will be only his second time at the track, and I think today could well be the day.

At the price I'm happy to be proved wrong. I just think he wins, or goes very close. The trainer is also operating at a 50% strike rate in the last 21 days, albeit winning 1 from 2, but that's all good far as I'm concerned.

Make of that what ye will, and best of luck :)

Comments

:( Not at it today at all Maghfoor. Never got into, or was put into the race. No money came either. I guess today wasn't the day after all :o

Sorry if anyone followed.

Advertisement