Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases 2.0 - Mod note in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Sir_Name wrote: »
    I adore those boots Lilac... reminds me of the Chloe Susannah that I love but can't contemplate buying! :D

I just bought this dress from ASOS - its got 20% off everything at the moment ;)

https://www.asos.com/other-stories/other-stories-spot-print-mini-shirt-dress-in-navy/prd/21540192?colourwayid=60174751&SearchQuery=%26%20other%20stories%20dress

And this - i have something similar to this from Zara in white and i got loads of wear out of it. Hopefully the fit is good.
    https://www.asos.com/collusion/collusion-padded-shoulder-mini-dress-in-sand/prd/21498656?colourwayid=60171923&SearchQuery=collusion+padded+shoulder+mini+dress+in+sand&SearchRedirect=true

I am also so drawn to this dress but can't decide whether to buy it or not!
    https://threefloor.com/golden-gaze-dress/

How would u dress up or wear the Zara top?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

LilacNails- do you mind sharing the link for those boots?? They're gorgeous!!

saggycaggy wrote: »
    LilacNails- do you mind sharing the link for those boots?? They're gorgeous!!

Aren't they just! Sure :) this link should work. They had 20% off at the time I bought them, but u should keep an eye out in case they have another sale. Hoping they arrive tomorrow!

https://www.arnotts.ie/brands/carvela-kurt-geiger/carvela/scant-ankle-boots/5800922500569BLACK.html?cgid=carvela-kurt-geiger#prefn1=refinementSubCategory&prefv1=Boots&prefn2=refinementColor&prefv2=black&horizontal=true&start=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭whatever76

keep an eye on this site as well - they 40% off ( sorry I know should support local) but 40% is a big savings .... have my eye on another pair myself and missed the 40% offer - grrrr !!

https://www.shoeaholics.com/women/boots/ankle-boots/scant-black-snake-carvela

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Great thanks for both links above!! i'll try and get them with a discount:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Doing my best to order from Irish suppliers. Picked this up with 20% off, some really nice knitwear on their site.
    https://www.iclothing.com/phoebe-colour-block-zip-top-in-pink

phoebe_colour_block_zip_top_in_pink-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

LilacNails wrote: »
    How would u dress up or wear the Zara top?

Do you mean the dress in Khaki that I have in white or the top version of it?

Do you mean the dress in Khaki that I have in white or the top version of it?

The top version

LilacNails wrote: »
    The top version

I quite like the structured shoulders...
    So a nice pair of fitted leggings - Verso do some great ones, really reasonable all different colours and nice scarf and long jacket.

Also perfect with jeans, nice belt, maybe leather jacket for winter, I do love a midi or maxi skirt with trainers!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I quite like the structured shoulders...
    So a nice pair of fitted leggings - Verso do some great ones, really reasonable all different colours and nice scarf and long jacket.

Also perfect with jeans, nice belt, maybe leather jacket for winter, I do love a midi or maxi skirt with trainers!

I have heard those Verso leggings are meant to be great quality and an Irish company. I must check them out as I'd like a pair of leather look leggings. They are not expensive either. I know a woman who buys them and she said they are really good.

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I have heard those Verso leggings are meant to be great quality and an Irish company. I must check them out as I'd like a pair of leather look leggings. They are not expensive either. I know a woman who buys them and she said they are really good.

I have both verso and the Spanx. They suck you in as well I find with the Spanx. I’m not tall and the Spanx ones can be quite long. I have the Verso in grey, black and burgundy and I think she had navy and khaki too which I want. She’s also selling a houndstooth jacket I’ve my eye on for again, a really reasonable price!

Also ASOS have 25% off everything today! 😬

Got some new lingerie, bralets and sport bras and a cute grey top. I really could do with deleting that app it’s so dangerous...

Here’s the top, hoping it’s not too short, the bras etc are pretty boring!

https://www.asos.com/prd/22173883?acquisitionsource=pasteboard

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Also ASOS have 25% off everything today! 😬

Got some new lingerie, bralets and sport bras and a cute grey top. I really could do with deleting that app it’s so dangerous...

Here’s the top, hoping it’s not too short, the bras etc are pretty boring!

https://www.asos.com/prd/22173883?acquisitionsource=pasteboard

That's a neck warmer not a top (it's not stiched together at the sides). You throw it over your top and under your coat. They are nice though.

meeeeh wrote: »
    That's a neck warmer not a top (it's not stiched together at the sides). You throw it over your top and under your coat. They are nice though.

Laughing here because that gave me a flashback to my teenage years and my father ranting "That's not a skirt it's a belt, go and put some clothes on" :pac:

It's lovely though, be great under a cardigan or coat.

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Laughing here because that gave me a flashback to my teenage years and my father ranting "That's not a skirt it's a belt, go and put some clothes on" :pac:

It's lovely though, be great under a cardigan or coat.

Lol. I have a puffer vest that works on similar principle. It's brilliant, you can wear it under the coat, it gives you warmth but doesn't add bulk.

Where’s that coffin emoji when you need it!

Where’s that coffin emoji when you need it!

Well I think it's lovely. I love that shade of grey.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

My husband ordered me these Nike Todo trainers for my birthday! I had mentioned them and he decided to get them! (Like I need more trainers! lol).

They are a waterproof trainer which is great for this time of year as my others are impossible to wear in this weather! I saw them reviewed on YStyle FB page. They are on offer at the moment, but there was a members discount on top when he bought them so they only cost about €33.
    Hopefully they are here soon!!
    todos-rn-shoe-vS53k6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    My husband ordered me these Nike trainers for my birthday! I had mentioned them and he decided to get them! (Like I need more trainers! lol).

They are a waterproof trainer which is great for this time of year as my others are impossible to wear in this weather! I saw them reviewed on YStyle FB page. They are on offer at the moment, but there was a members discount on top when he bought them so they only cost about €33.
    Hopefully they are here soon!!

I know someone who has a pair of these (Nike Todos), and they rate them quite highly... so much so that I was thinking of buying a pair myself :p

Well wear :)

I know someone who has a pair of these (Nike Todos), and they rate them quite highly... so much so that I was thinking of buying a pair myself :p

I am a total convert to Nike's this year! I bought my first pair about 10 years ago and didn't wear them much as they used to cut into my heel and I was put off them. I bought a pair back in March (just before lockdown) in Lifestyle sports and loved how comfy they were. Since then I've bought 2 more pairs, and now these! I think this year alone I have bought 6 pairs of trainers (not all Nikes!)....I have a problem :o:p

• Advertisement

It's embarrassing how many of my clothes are bought in Uniqlo. Jil Sander collection went on sale today and most of it is gone. I wanted to get wool trousers but they seems to be gone. I got chinos in size 27 (28 is gone), they will fit me if the sizing is as ridiculously big as for Uniqlo U.

goods_09_436942.jpg?width=734

goods_09_435888.jpg?width=734

I also have this on order but it seems to be lost somewhere in an post delivery labyrinth.

https://www.zalando.ie/zign-lace-up-ankle-boots-black-zi111n0ci-q11.html

They arrived yesterday (very quick as he only ordered them on Sunday!). They are very comfy and true to size. The last pair I bought a few weeks ago were not true to size and I had to go down a half size.

It's embarrassing how many of my clothes are bought in Uniqlo. Jil Sander collection went on sale today and most of it is gone. I wanted to get wool trousers but they seems to be gone. I got chinos in size 27 (28 is gone), they will fit me if the sizing is as ridiculously big as for Uniqlo U.

I also have this on order but it seems to be lost somewhere in an post delivery labyrinth.

https://www.zalando.ie/zign-lace-up-ankle-boots-black-zi111n0ci-q11.html

Boots are absolutely lovely and nice quality for the price.

Jumper and trousers are really well made, excellent material way better quality than the price implies. However both are going back because they are humongous. Normally I'm trouser size 28 or 29 and yet here I'm not sure that size 26 wouldn't be a bit too big. Jumper is also at least a size too big.

Normally I'm not that bothered by vanity sizing but this is ridiculous. I don't think I was 26 in trousers since I was 10.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

That's such a shame! The trousers looked fab. My friend loves their jeans, I'm waiting on a message back from her to tell me what style and size she got so I can give them a go myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Just bought this dress online from Dorothy Perkins, it was the last one left. Been looking for a nice plane black dress for awhile now but its so hard to find one that isnt either too dressy or too frumpy. This one has pockets so that alone was enough for me, just hope it fits. I had to buy it from the petite section which I don't normally buy from.

https://www.zalando.ie/dorothy-perkins-petite-day-dress-black-dp721c0ek-q11.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

This are reduced further at the minute. If you're a member they work out at 27 euro with code BRIGHT30

SAMTALK wrote: »
    This are reduced further at the minute. If you're a member they work out at 27 euro with code BRIGHT30

Ha, I just bought a pair this morning as I got an email from Nike :cool:

Michael Kors Dark Ruby Parka

533658.png

I spotted a lovely black parka in TKMaxx before lockdown which was perfect - but I mulled over it too long and someone else snapped it up :o

I would have preferred one in black or navy, as I already have a wine coat. But tbh, my one is looking a bit tired, so I'm due a refresh (or so I tell myself!) :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

11613662-1-blue?$XXL$&wid=513&fit=constrain

I've been dying to get a pair of nice dungarees for about a year and I spotted these on Asos.I'm a 12-14 so I ordered both sizes. Fingers crossed one will fit.Thank god for free delivery and returns.

Advertisement