Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Military mainly are screened out. Bizjets will show but with ownership, route etc redacted.

Had a look and closest I can make out is a British C17.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

What flights of large planes do not show up on flightradar. Large plane today over northwest. 4 engine with high tail flying westish about 13.30 7th November

It was a USAF C-17 at FL120, presumably flying unpressurised, hence the lower level. It had suffered damage recently in Afghanistan when it landed with the nose-gear stuck in the retracted position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

What flights of large planes do not show up on flightradar. Large plane today over northwest. 4 engine with high tail flying westish about 13.30 7th November

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=4ca2d5

This shows military aircraft .

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

AN124 just getting ready to line up for landing on 06 this morning in SNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭4Ad

BZ wrote: »
    AN124 just getting ready to line up for landing on 06 this morning in SNN.

Just passed over my house, some noise off it !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Just heard that take off knew it was big , I’m right parallel with the take off in Shannon.
    Look out the window and the front gear was down and rear gear up and it didn’t go up as long as I could see which was about 10 seconds.
    Is that normal?
    She wasn’t doing much of a climb either lowest take off I have seen.

Edit : 747 coming to land now also.

Edit : she is not coming back by the looks of it so must be ok:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

4Ad wrote: »
    Just passed over my house, some noise off it !!

Suspect that was a 124 heading off for KEF ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭roadmaster

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=4ca2d5

This shows military aircraft .

On that website you can see everything from f16s to C5 galaxy's. I have never seen are own casas on it . Is the air corps able to prevent there locations being shown ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Is the air corps able to prevent there locations being shown ?
    In civilian airspace, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭4Ad

hobie14 wrote: »
    Suspect that was a 124 heading off for KEF ...

When I checked flightradar24 it said Antonov...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

roadmaster wrote: »
    On that website you can see everything from f16s to C5 galaxy's. I have never seen are own casas on it . Is the air corps able to prevent there locations being shown ?

have seen Casas, pc12s, pc9, and helis.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

4Ad wrote: »
    When I checked flightradar24 it said Antonov...

Yep ..... Antonov 124

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭millb

Ravenair Partenavia over the Irish Sea east of Louth. IAC also went through the area.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

irishgti wrote: »

For some more accurate and less sensational reporting, go to

https://avherald.com/h?article=4df212c7

The Mail, as usual, don't know what they're talking about. The No 2 engine had a massive uncontained failure, and it looks like some of the parts ejected went through the fuselage and out the other side, and disrupted electrical power, among other things, on the way through.

I suspect that the final report into this accident will make "interesting" reading, the crew did well to get it back on to the ground as well as they did.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Alpha Romeo

I noticed this flight earlier while messing around on Flightradar. I assume this aircraft is going into storage?

Also, has there ever been a shorter flight completed by a jet aircraft to a different airport from where it departed?

Screenshot-20201115-171332-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

The final flight of Buccaneer XV361, from Aldergrove to nearby Langford Lodge is reported to have taken 92 seconds: https://youtu.be/37oVOEwE_QU

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Alpha Romeo

That's very interesting, thank you for the link. At the right spot on a clear day you could probably catch the take off and landing in one shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

I see the rescue heli operating off wexford coast, hope everyone will be safe. Bad windy old night in Dublin anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I heard Emirates use the suffix “SUPER” yesterday for the first time in months, how many of these beasts are still in operation?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

smurfjed wrote: »
    I heard Emirates use the suffix “SUPER” yesterday for the first time in months, how many of these beasts are still in operation?

I've seen about 4 or 5 on FR24. LHR and CDG have been running for a while along with Cairo (if I recall correctly) and Moscow. BKK was added recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

TedR wrote: »
    I see the rescue heli operating off wexford coast, hope everyone will be safe. Bad windy old night in Dublin anyway.

They were training by doing winching exercises with a cargo vessel and a ferry.

Anybody know why this plane is doing the rounds at this hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Some poor soul with a yearning to see the bright beautiful lights of balinasloe

It's an aircraft from a UK company, it's doing some sort of aerial surveying.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

Judging by the aircraft type...photographic survey flight. (see above) Topic should be moved to another tread, as its a bit miraculous (and a tad small) for an engine-less A380.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Skyknight wrote: »
    Judging by the aircraft type...photographic survey flight. (see above) Topic should be moved to another tread, as its a bit miraculous (and a tad small) for an engine-less A380.

Photographic survey at 3am?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Skyknight

Photographic survey at 3am?

Your right:o, I have to admit not the best time to do it to be doing Photographic survey work :D..LiDAR mapping is more likely re scanning areas missed/poor elevation data coverage during a track run earlier in the year.

This is more suited for the Flightradar24 (and other trackers) (Note to MODS please move relevant posts there)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

Skyknight wrote: »
    Your right:o, I have to admit not the best time to do it to be doing Photographic survey work :D..LiDAR mapping is more likely re scanning areas missed/poor elevation data coverage during a track run earlier in the year.

This is more suited for the Flightradar24 (and other trackers) (Note to MODS please move relevant posts there)

Best time to do it for them as they can use busier airspace at nighttime. Several articles about it online in the past few weeks, people wondering why there were low flying aircraft at these late hours.

"The identity of the organisation that hired the RVL Group is still unknown. In a statement issued to the paper earlier this week, RVL said that some of the survey work it undertakes is for environment and government agencies and entities and can only be carried out at night for operational and technical reasons, including the “availability of access to busy airspace” https://www.westmeathexaminer.ie/2020/11/19/english-plane-returns-for-second-survey-of-the-region/

My guess is it's using LIDAR to map flooding for OPW, it seemed to be concentrating on the Suck river catchment areas last night.

I'm looking forward to him returning and keeping me awake another night tonight:)

Advertisement