Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipsters

Options
  • 16-11-2020 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Anyone recommend a good tipster to follow.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I usually wait until around Cheltenham. Ruby Walsh gives out some deadly tips.

Last year he tipped Benie De Deux to win the mares, her SP was 4/6. I couldn't believe it when she lost.

Thing is, he even works for Paddy Power, so I would have thought it was sure thing? It's gas really, the year before his Dad trained the winner of the Kim Muir and he never said a word about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Delargy is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Earendil wrote: »
    Delargy is excellent

Condescending prick though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

madmoose wrote: »
    Condescending prick though

Really?

Have to admit I never got that impression. Admittedly my only real exposure to him was via the Final Furlong podcast and I stopped listening to that when Emmet Kennedy's bollo*ing started to derail the entire podcast, but always found Delargy very shrewd and always got the impression that he was also uncomfortable at times with the shi*e Kennedy comes out with.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Son of Goat. Cousins in every horse racing country in the world so gets the good info tips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Christopher loader on Twitter and YouTube seems very legitimate and doesn’t back many odds on horses: keep track of results. Seems a very nice guy also. Results have been good for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

Big fan of Hugh Taylor on attheraces. Bailed me out a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I usually wait until around Cheltenham. Ruby Walsh gives out some deadly tips.

Last year he tipped Benie De Deux to win the mares, her SP was 4/6. I couldn't believe it when she lost.

Thing is, he even works for Paddy Power, so I would have thought it was sure thing? It's gas really, the year before his Dad trained the winner of the Kim Muir and he never said a word about it.

the above may be true , but to say ruby walsh deliberately tips losers so to keep paddy power happy is laughable.

he tips losers, he tips winners, he doesnt magically know the result before the race happens to steer me away from backing a yoke .

he told itv the morning of the ryanair he was fairly sure Vautour would win , and put in one of the best performances seen at cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

akelly02 wrote: »
    the above may be true , but to say ruby walsh deliberately tips losers so to keep paddy power happy is laughable.

he tips losers, he tips winners, he doesnt magically know the result before the race happens to steer me away from backing a yoke .

he told itv the morning of the ryanair he was fairly sure Vautour would win , and put in one of the best performances seen at cheltenham

Was that before or after he 'jumped off' Annie Power :D:D

I agree, but lets be fair his job with Paddy Power was a conflict of interest to say the least.

He should stick to analyzing chases and chasers, which in fairness he is brilliant at.

• Advertisement

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Was that before or after he 'jumped off' Annie Power :D:D

yea, sure paddy power himself rang ruby after he got the treble up.

''ruby , hit the deck on this one, im gonna lose me jole if you win . but dont make it too obvious, wait till your clear at the last and make annie jump the shadow , and come down on top of the hurdle ''

I agree, but lets be fair his job with Paddy Power was a conflict of interest to say the least.

He should stick to analyzing chases and chasers, which in fairness he is brilliant at.

absolutely agree its a conflict of interest, as is Nicky henderson with his betfair blogs or whatever.

but for the people that say ruby is brought in to steer you away from winners by tipping losers is absolute cow dung

absolutely agree its a conflict of interest, as is Nicky henderson with his betfair blogs or whatever.

but for the people that say ruby is brought in to steer you away from winners by tipping losers is absolute cow dung

My attitude is that the more information you get, the murkier the waters lie. Bookies love to smother the market with information, it gets punters second guessing themselves and allows them to make more mistakes. I mentioned earlier about Mick fitz talking up Son of Camas on a preview last week, phucker was pulled up having gone from a phat ew price to 5/2 fav. Looks bad for Mick fitz, who, whilst being a gentleman is better off mentoring young jocks. This is the guy whose best bet of the festival so far is Shiskin for the Arkle, thanks for the whisper Mick, I will make note to put that one in my tracker for sure.

My attitude is that the more information you get, the murkier the waters lie. Bookies love to smother the market with information, it gets punters second guessing themselves and allows them to make more mistakes. I mentioned earlier about Mick fitz talking up Son of Camas on a preview last week, phucker was pulled up having gone from a phat ew price to 5/2 fav. Looks bad for Mick fitz, who, whilst being a gentleman is better off mentoring young jocks. This is the guy whose best bet of the festival so far is Shiskin for the Arkle, thanks for the whisper Mick, I will make note to put that one in my tracker for sure.

feck it anyway , i have shishkin backed, mick would put the mockers on any animal

That akelly02 is sh!te mind ya :pac:
    They are out for their money back .

Load up one last time

Happy Christmas

Earendil wrote: »
    That akelly02 is sh!te mind ya :pac:

all i can do is apologise

that was pathetic