Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7s out of the box

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭greasepalm

If you can get a photo close up of lnb as some were long Smart sky ones.

https://admireit.co.uk/products/sky-q-hybrid-lnb-6-way-model-el010

Sat installer said it knows what is connected to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭mr_cochise

greasepalm wrote: »
    If you can get a photo close up of lnb as some were long Smart sky ones.

https://admireit.co.uk/products/sky-q-hybrid-lnb-6-way-model-el010

Sat installer said it knows what is connected to it.

Ah yes, that looks like the one I have. I'll get a picture in the morning to confirm.

So if that is the one I have, I can just connect the feeds to the Zgemma on any of the 6 points?
    If so, I'll hold back on ordering a new lnb.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 willsandbills

I have ordered the zgemma from WOS, minus UK vat. I will update here as to what the landed extra charges are when I get it. I have to the say the WOS ordering on line process is one of the best I have come across.
    willie

Getting a hdd and openvix installed??

This gives you an idea on whats happening due to Brexit and charges.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/brexit-and-european-orders-from-january-2021

• Registered Users Posts: 38 willsandbills

openvix yes, I have loads of Hdd drives here so will use one of them or possible a solid state drive for reliability.

• Advertisement

mr_cochise wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I have been lurking around these threads for a while. 12 months ago, I signed up for Sky tv on a whim when I got their fibre broadband and put my faithful Amiko Alien 2 in to the attic.
    Anyway, Sky is now cancelled and I'm going back to a linux based receiver.
    I was worried about ordering from WOS due to Brexit and all that, but today I have ordered a Zgemma H7S. Let's see how it goes in terms of delivery lead time and revenue charges.

So far, after about 1.5hrs, I have received notification from FedEx that they have the parcel and estimated delivery is 6pm on Friday.

Cochise

Latest update shows that the parcel is in Dublin as of 8:22pm this evening with FedEx.
    No details on customs and admin charges yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

Anymore news? Suspense is killing.

Still hanging around waiting on an update,are ya there yet?

swoofer wrote: »
    Anymore news? Suspense is killing.

Unfortunately the box has not arrived yet. The parcel is showing at a FedEx facility in Dublin and the time has changed to delivery pending.
    Seeing that it was ordered on Tuesday, perhaps getting it on Friday was a bit optimistic with the way things are these days.
    I remain hopeful that I'll get it tomorrow.

Checking website they seem to do 7 day delivery service?

• Advertisement

I checked my WOS order details again. On that, it says delivery of 2 - 5 days, delays may be experienced due to Covid 19. So I guess we are still within that 5 day limit (working days).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Unfortunately the box has not arrived yet. The parcel is showing at a FedEx facility in Dublin and the time has changed to delivery pending.
    Seeing that it was ordered on Tuesday, perhaps getting it on Friday was a bit optimistic with the way things are these days.
    I remain hopeful that I'll get it tomorrow.

A parcel I was waiting on last week, from TNT (FEDex) was showing as sitting in Tallaght for 3 days. A sub-contractor courier delivered it. By all accounts they are all swamped with back orders. Mine was from Italy so it wasn't customs issues.

Got a notification this morning that it would be delivered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

awaiting news of any extra charges! And to help with ay queries. did you opt for vix image?

Got a notification this morning that it would be delivered today.

Jeez this is beginning to feel like a maternity ward :)

Another few hours and the waters will break and it will bucket down,canoe and life jacket maybe needed for delivery.

swoofer wrote: »
    awaiting news of any extra charges! And to help with ay queries. did you opt for vix image?

No news on charges, but the website says that could occur on or soon after delivery.
    The tracking info says something like 'international shipment release - import', so possibly a customs related delay.

Yeah, openvix is what I've gone for.
    I have experience of flashing and setting up the Amiko Alien and recently put an Edision with Openatv 6.1 in the bedroom. Lovely little box, that one.

No news on charges, but the website says that could occur on or soon after delivery.
    The tracking info says something like 'international shipment release - import', so possibly a customs related delay.

Yeah, openvix is what I've gone for.
    I have experience of flashing and setting up the Amiko Alien and recently put an Edision with Openatv 6.1 in the bedroom. Lovely little box, that one.

My experience in the past the courier wont deliver until you pay online OR you can prove to the driver by showing him the email/txt that you have paid the duty.

My experience in the past the courier wont deliver until you pay online OR you can prove to the driver by showing him the email/txt that you have paid the duty.

Unfortunately, I have no communication on what I owe, if anything.
    I intend to be ready with the card to pay what's owed.

Unfortunately, I have no communication on what I owe, if anything.
    I intend to be ready with the card to pay what's owed.

cough, cough, I wont say anything if you don't, cough, cough

• Advertisement

Steam your brow before opening the door cough cough.

greasepalm wrote: »
    Steam your brow before opening the door cough cough.

Lol, I don't even know what means

This is the craic now. It said delivery by 18:00 earlier.
    The local courier must be under awful pressure.
    Poor fella, I'm not that stuck. It can wait until tomorrow. Imagine if he arrived at the door just before midnight!

This is the craic now. It said delivery by 18:00 earlier.
    The local courier must be under awful pressure.
    Poor fella, I'm not that stuck. It can wait until tomorrow. Imagine if he arrived at the door just before midnight!

The contractor that delivered my parcel said he normally only went to building sites wasn't used to domestic runs and the hassles finding addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭ITV2

dulpit wrote: »
    Just to go confirm, in case a long thread can intimidate you (it did for me), when I got a second h7s for a buddy I set up as follows:
    1. Boot box and follow steps of setup wizard
    2. Install autobouquetsmaker
    3. Install crossepg
    4. Install autotimers
    5. Set up autobouquetsmaker - I picked Sky UK London SD and switched HD channels - this gives me 101 as BBC1, 104 as Channel 4 HD and 111 as Dave, which is what I was most familiar with after using Sky). I picked Saorview and selected the correct mast and allowed to run.
    6. Set up crossepg to run nightly
    7. Fin.Feel free to shout questions if/when you get box.

Note - my box is using Pure2, but I set my buddy's up with OpenVix, they're all largely the same but some menu items might be in different place.

I bought this box today, i'd 2 feeds into it astra 1/2 and after 4 hours i'm none the wiser. I disconnected astra 1 and did a factory reset with Saorview and astra 2 only and still none the wiser. I've just lists of channels in no order. Before this box I'd got an amiko mini which did the job for saorview/astra1/2.
    I thought i'd venture into the world of Zgemma7 . Think I'll unplug it till tomorrow.
    Any advice would be appreciated
    T.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,380 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

ITV2 wrote: »
    I bought this box today, i'd 2 feeds into it astra 1/2 and after 4 hours i'm none the wiser. I disconnected astra 1 and did a factory reset with Saorview and astra 2 only and still none the wiser. I've just lists of channels in no order. Before this box I'd got an amiko mini which did the job for saorview/astra1/2.
    I thought i'd venture into the world of Zgemma7 . Think I'll unplug it till tomorrow.
    Any advice would be appreciated
    T.

What image did you go with? To clarify - make sure you have 2 x satellite cables connected and 1x aerial. Once that's done and you've followed the setup instructions you likely will have 100s of channels in no obvious order. If you've got this far you're on the right track...

Next step is to install autobouquetsmaker. My tv is currently hijacked by youtube, but I'll check later for exact steps. You should be able to install it as a plugin though.. Let us know if you get this far..

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭ITV2

I've this far with it, (Image) open ATV I think.

menu-information-about- that page will say what is loaded.

Woohoo!
    It has arrived. I asked the courier about any charges and he shrugged his shoulders and said that he was not aware of anything.

• Advertisement

Woohoo!
    It has arrived. I asked the courier about any charges and he shrugged his shoulders and said that he was not aware of anything.

Mums the word so. :D

Advertisement