Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Autosport wrote: »
    I thought my lady beard was looking well :D

Durtyyyyyy....lol lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

While I'm still out of work I'm well on the way to getting back to work with the ever delayed new start up. I'm probably about to take a huge risk because I'm buying new gear, but feck it, things have to be right. The tech desk is getting an upgrade with a totally new piece of HP kit. The old HP kit isn't worth upgrading but will be retained for more old fashioned work after some TLC from an engineer. Feeling very excited about it all. New beginnings. I want to hit the ground running. Mrs G and Ms G will not be able to buy bras and knickers until next year.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Three rashers on the grill being prepared to a delightful degree of crispness. The buttered bread awaits to clench themi n a fluffy embrace before I wash the lot down with a mug of sweet tay.

There's nowt more reet than a bacon butty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,279 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just finished 6 hours in a very expensive video game..... tired as feck but time for a beer or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Three rashers on the grill being prepared to a delightful degree of crispness. The buttered bread awaits to clench themi n a fluffy embrace before I wash the lot down with a mug of sweet tay.

There's nowt more reet than a bacon butty.

Bacon butty with chef brown sauce, perfect!
    You can keep the tay... vile stuff altogether...have never liked it :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feeling snacky.. Wish I had rashers now though:(
    Me back is still in flitters it's seriously annoying..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,294 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Feeling snacky.. Wish I had rashers now though:(
    Me back is still in flitters it's seriously annoying..

Do you ever wear heat patches?

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Do you ever wear heat patches?

You name it, I've done it.. Heat patches always in my bag actually, use hot water bottle at home..

You should bring the hot water bottle to work too and refill it during the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You name it, I've done it.. Heat patches always in my bag actually, use hot water bottle at home..

I recommend opiates. Any problem in life can either be eliminated or replaced by a newer, more important problem with opiates.

kowloon wrote: »
    I recommend opiates. Any problem in life can either be eliminated or replaced by a newer, more important problem with opiates.

On them since January, have now developed bursitis in my knee from limping to accommodate the pain.. I'm only good for glue..

On them since January, have now developed bursitis in my knee from limping to accommodate the pain.. I'm only good for glue..

Do squishy boobie hugs work for bad backs? Sending you one incase it has physical healing properties. Seriously though, Grem, what are the Doctors saying about managing that back pain in the medium to long term? You cant be going on like that!

Just had a very long, hot shower. Dont know why, but I really enjoyed it more than usual this morning. One of life's simple pleasures. Aren"t we so lucky to live in a time and place where we can have hot, clean water flowing from indoor taps? We forget what a recent luxury that is and millions still dont have it.

Did you ever go to see a chiropractor as we discussed before ?

smurfjed wrote: »

Still with physio, I'm weirdly hesitant about chiro until I can get inflammation and tenderness down..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Just finished 6 hours in a very expensive video game..... tired as feck but time for a beer or two.

Sim ? :)

Now on day 94 of 5 degrees that feels like 2. When will it warm up ? :(

• Advertisement

Still with physio, I'm weirdly hesitant about chiro until I can get inflammation and tenderness down..

Not at all weird, I'd be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

I recommend the magazine Chiropractic monthly, buying it for last couple of years and have loads of back issues

dennyire wrote: »
    I recommend the magazine Chiropractic monthly, buying it for last couple of years and have loads of back issues

Very droll :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Working with tunes very loud :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

In the garage with a slow puncture hopefully getting fixed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside at „work“, absolutely shattered. A colleague and good friend of mine just told me that his son had been found dead. I don‘t want to go into details, but it‘s hit me a bit harder than I expected.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

thomil wrote: »
    Deskside at „work“, absolutely shattered. A colleague and good friend of mine just told me that his son had been found dead. I don‘t want to go into details, but it‘s hit me a bit harder than I expected.

What a shock *hugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I had bursitis last year, stopped me using my exercise bike and I had to wear this pain in the arse leg brace which kept slipping. Hope it clears up.

kowloon wrote: »
    I had bursitis last year, stopped me using my exercise bike and I had to wear this pain in the arse leg brace which kept slipping. Hope it clears up.

I don't know if there's a knee brace that doesn't slip :mad:

Talking of buying Drugs

Now listening to Marian Keyes on buying Solpadeine in Uzbekistan :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000srg0 ( skip to around 16 min )

I did a spring clean on the tech desk. (which is more a room than a desk:D) The memories I found in terms of notes was like a time machine.:eek: All tightened up now. But looks a bit bare while awaiting delivery of the new edit suite. At least it will be a case of unbox and install, then download the new editing software to it. That's my day described. Boring. Apologies.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭barbara anne

Busy day. Going for an hour shower.

Busy day. Going for an hour shower.

You'll have no water in your tank if you run it for an hour :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilled horizontal position on the sofa. TV off and reading a new novel on an off this evening.

Caught up on a lot of sleep earlier - rose at the decadent hour of 3pm. :D Haven’t even thought of what I’ll fix for dinner yet, but that’s fine. Lazy day.

OH still in bed. I think he’s in a low after a blazing row he had with two of his sisters at a family dinner in the family home on the Southside yesterday evening. They had all gathered to remember their late dear mother and discuss plans for her send off - but some remarks were made later on that my OH took umbrage to. :(

Funeral will be on Saturday morning - limited to only 11 - so just my OH and his five siblings and three of my OH’s mother’s surviving siblings in the church. No spouses or partners. I will watch the funeral on live stream from our car in the car park of the church.

Mia Farrow would disagree....

• Advertisement

My plumber trumps Mia!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

22 MPH wind outside. Went inside coffeehouse. Nice place. Open now. May close due COVID later. Keeps shifting back-and-forth with each new variation. Cheers! Takes sip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭thomil

What a shock *hugs*

Thanks, I've recovered, but that whole thing awakened some rather unwelcome memories.

Anyway, deskside and pretty tired. Thank God it's Friday tomorrow. It is Friday tomorrow, right?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

My plumber trumps Mia!

Ah, it's an in-joke...op is like a disassembled window

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

thomil wrote: »
    Thanks, I've recovered, but that whole thing awakened some rather unwelcome memories. Anyway, deskside and pretty tired. Thank God it's Friday tomorrow. It is Friday tomorrow, right?
    Hugs too. Friday and weekend comes.

I had a beer at 5.30....and that was it....I thought... 8 beers on and I'm ready to take on the world & give Ozone a run for his money in body popping :)

I had a beer at 5.30....and that was it....I thought... 8 beers on and I'm ready to take on the world & give Ozone a run for his money in body popping :)

Do it! Who ever the hell Ozone is....
    Me, I'm ready to don my blue flannel Jim jams and plunge head first into a hot chocolate. I'm quite happy to leave the world tackling to someone else.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Do it! Who ever the hell Ozone is....
    Me, I'm ready to don my blue flannel Jim jams and plunge head first into a hot chocolate. I'm quite happy to leave the world tackling to someone else.

I'm guessing you wer never part of the breakdance craze :D

Soon to be hoofing it to market.

• Advertisement

I'm guessing you wer never part of the breakdance craze :D

No, I was, and am, far to cool and sophisticated. Also, i didnt want to end up in traction.

In the Irish village for a beer or 5, sim check finished, examiner considered us “outstanding” :)

Scrolling through my Disney plus/Star watch list. Girls gone to bed. Gonna pick something for the wind down. I'm thinking a big slice of apple tart and a glass of bainne to go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭barbara anne

My tank is fine thank you very much.

At least you're not calling me Faye Dunaway so I'll take that as a compliment. I know what you're at!

Shower was divine. All tucked up in bed with my hot water bottle lol.

Getting some peace and quiet from all this negging :rolleyes: It's rampant. What it achieves I don't know. Works on some less strong minded or not clued in like me. They don't know what to do when I tell it to them straight lol.

Goodnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,539 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Bored.com still ...

Hope you're all well and still planning the wherers meeting up when things are back to normal.

Up an hour or so and currently watching Conan the Ballbearing as we used say :)

• Advertisement

Poolside, it’s a lovely 32 degrees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,954 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Tableside with coffee .

In the Irish Village again, this time enjoying a lovely pint of cold Perrier :)

My whole stay in Dubai has kept me in a 200 meter triangle, Irish village, training Center, hotel :):)

Bored.com still ...

Hope you're all well and still planning the wherers meeting up when things are back to normal.
    Leggie, you missed the meet up. It was called the virtual Big Brother house. You never booked your accommodation so unfortunately you've missed out hanging out with all us crazies :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The boss has awoken so I must take him on his morning excursion :D He’s lucky he’s so cute :D

Morning all :). Happy Friday!!!!
    Good to see you back Leg end but as PM said you missed out on the big night out ;):D

Sending hugs your way Thomil :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement