19-01-2021, 19:46   #1
ddub11

Sky Box ..Rte?

Hi guys,

So i have an old sky plus box and i can get every channel except Irish.

I also have a combo sat box which with the help of a sat dish and an aerial i get Irish and english channels.

My question is, is it possible to hook up my aerial to my sky box to receive the irish channels(theres not antenna in socket on sky box) or is there another way to receive irish channels tia.
Advertisement
19-01-2021, 19:50   #2
Avns1s

You won't get the Irish channels on a Sky box without a sky subscription.
Thanks from:
19-01-2021, 19:50   #3
SCOOP 64

You wont get the Irish channels on the sky box without paying for sky, box has no aerial connection, i brought a cheap Ariva box when i stopped paying for sky.
Thanks from:
19-01-2021, 21:23   #4
Ten Pin

Use the TV tuner for Saorview, all TVs sold in the last 8 years have a terrestrial tuner.
Thanks from:
19-01-2021, 22:28   #5
ddub11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Pin View Post
Use the TV tuner for Saorview, all TVs sold in the last 8 years have a terrestrial tuner.
Think me tvs a bit old.
Advertisement
19-01-2021, 22:32   #6
ddub11

Thanks for the replies guys,i have another question if i may.

Is it possible to rearrange the channel listings on sky box?to me a lot of channels are scattered and im used to them being beside each other ie bbc 1,2,3 itv 1,2,3 , etc.

Not a major issue but one that bugs me.On my combo box i can arrange the listing as it suits me but on the sky box it seems not.
19-01-2021, 22:34   #7
bassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddub11 View Post
Think me tvs a bit old.
buy a saorview box for your old tv and make sure the box you buy has a scart connection,cause i doubt your tv has a hdmi connection.
Thanks from:
19-01-2021, 22:42   #8
Gerry Wicklow

Quote:

Is it possible to rearrange the channel listings on sky box?to me a lot of channels are scattered and im used to them being beside each other ie bbc 1,2,3 itv 1,2,3 , etc.

Not a major issue but one that bugs me.On my combo box i can arrange the listing as it suits me but on the sky box it seems not.
Nope thats the downside of ex-Sky boxes. you might be able to create a favourites list. A new combo box will do far more for you. Using a Sky box is for masochists
(2) thanks from:
19-01-2021, 23:46   #9
Johnboy1951

Quote:

Is there some reason you want to use the Sky box in preference to the combo box?

Sky boxes are only really useful when there is a valid Sky subscription.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-01-2021, 11:12   #10
ddub11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy1951 View Post
Is there some reason you want to use the Sky box in preference to the combo box?

Sky boxes are only really useful when there is a valid Sky subscription.
To be honest this covid has me off work and im bored so im messing around with it.

But i did notice i had a few stations that i dont have on my combo box,but i guess at the end of the day ill probable use it as back/spare,also i just wanted to find out what ye can do with them and cant do,im a swine for messing about with electronics even though i know nothing about them.
20-01-2021, 11:20   #11
Johnboy1951

Quote:
To be honest this covid has me off work and im bored so im messing around with it.

But i did notice i had a few stations that i dont have on my combo box,but i guess at the end of the day ill probable use it as back/spare,also i just wanted to find out what ye can do with them and cant do,im a swine for messing about with electronics even though i know nothing about them.
Without a subscription you cannot record or view previous recordings.
Maybe the HDD could be taken out and re-purposed!

You cannot re-arrange the channel list, but could go through the procedure to add all your channels to favourites ..... not sure how much control you would have there either.

If there are channels 'missing' from the FTA box then a rescan of relevant frequencies should find them.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion