Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 2 live stream for free in Ireland?

Options
  • 12-12-2020 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Just wondering can anyone recommend a free live stream of RTE 2 available for free on the web? Maybe there is not? TV is not working and want to watch the All Ireland tomorrow. Have tried RTE Player before but it's a load of crap with buffering every 10 seconds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

zeebre12 wrote: »
    Just wondering can anyone recommend a free live stream of RTE 2 available for free on the web? Maybe there is not? TV is not working and want to watch the All Ireland tomorrow. Have tried RTE Player before but it's a load of crap with buffering every 10 seconds.

Pm sent

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The only legal free live stream is the RTE Player. If you subscribe to a pay-TV package your operator may offer an app with a stream included in your package (Sky Go, Virgin TV anywhere, eir TV app etc).

The fact that RTE2 is a free to air channel does not make an illegal stream legal. If RTE has not authorised the stream then it is illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

GIMP wrote: »
    Pm sent

My phone will not allow me to download that app.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

If you have started a discussion by PM any reply should be by PM - don’t take it on thread particularly if doing so is likely to result in a reply violating the charter. All in all I think it’s best to close the thread, only legal streams are RTÉ player or via pay-TV company app.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement