Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's a good place to get UHT milk from?

Options
  • 16-09-2020 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I go through phases of lots of tea, or no tea. Half the time when I have a craving for tea, it's 5 minutes past shop closing time :pac:

Thus, UHT milk. Yes, it's not as good as the usual pasteurised milk, but I find it tastes a lot better than black tea.

Have looked at Amazon, but a lot of the reviews mention that you only get maybe a month out of the milk :(

So, I'm wondering if boardsies have had any luck sourcing full-fat UHT milk in Ireland in small packets? Enough for a cuppa at a moments notice, so would probably leave some in the fridge so that they'll be cold. Not looking for litres of the stuff, as most of the milk will go down the drain otherwise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

the_syco wrote: »
    Hi all,

I go through phases of lots of tea, or no tea. Half the time when I have a craving for tea, it's 5 minutes past shop closing time :pac:

Thus, UHT milk. Yes, it's not as good as the usual pasteurised milk, but I find it tastes a lot better than black tea.

Have looked at Amazon, but a lot of the reviews mention that you only get maybe a month out of the milk :(

So, I'm wondering if boardsies have had any luck sourcing full-fat UHT milk in Ireland in small packets? Enough for a cuppa at a moments notice, so would probably leave some in the fridge so that they'll be cold. Not looking for litres of the stuff, as most of the milk will go down the drain otherwise.

Lidls sell it it's in a red carton by the rest of the milk if you can't get the individual ones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Put regular milk in small bottles and freeze it, good for an emergency. It does take a while to thaw, the fat turns to liquid before the water but it does mix back once fully thawed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Put regular milk in small bottles and freeze it, good for an emergency.
    Good idea; I may try milk ice-cubes, and microwave them a little before I make my cuppa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭Tork

I got a pack of little UHT milks (like you get on the train or McDonalds) in Dealz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Tesco used to have Arla milk in little triangular single serve cartons in a net bag, like Babybel, I think they were near the milk alternatives / cereal / tea / coffee / biscuits sections?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Make milk icecubes

Advertisement