Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find unresolved references in a python repo using a git commit hook?

Options
  • 03-09-2020 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭

Is there a way to automate the inspect code functionality of pycharm via a commit hook/bash command with specifics of "unresolved references"?

I think this would be useful in a huge refactor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Could run cython on the code, instantly shows missing stuff etc because it tries to compile it in C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I was gonna say look at the console in PyCharm when it runs this command to see the command line (I do this a lot troubleshooting JetBrains Rider as I'm a .Net dev by day using a Mac), but it turns out JetBrains document it.

https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/command-line-code-inspector.html#options

So, all that's left is seeing if that meets your needs and adding it as a commit hook.

Advertisement