Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thehomebrewcompany still in business?

Options
  • 28-05-2020 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Did I miss something with the homebrew company? Went to their website and they seem to have very little in stock, but twitter feed has people posting about deliveries they got.

RN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Hi all,
    Did I miss something with the homebrew company? Went to their website and they seem to have very little in stock, but twitter feed has people posting about deliveries they got.

RN

The supply line has been totally overwhelmed by COVID-19 demand, I just the last three of their 1.6kg kits last week but they've said it could take a few weeks to get restocked.

Unfortunately the suppliers are also taking advantage of this to jack up their wholesale prices so expect ingredients to get a bit more expensive for a while - Homebrew West has already had to add about €3 to all of their kits as their suppliers are beginning to gouge. I imagine it'll stabilise in a month or two but my advice would be to stock up with enough material for three or four brews as soon as you can and before any more demand driven price rises arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭randomname2005

I had ordered from them a while back, but wanted to check the ABV for a kit (Davy Crockett Hop Rocket) as the instructions didn't give any target alcohol percentage or SG (6.0% ABV from google!).

Looking around prices have already started to go up, and no surprise that prices are going up and will continue to go up for the reasons you said. Fingers crossed the higher prices and lack of supply line doesn't put any of the homebrew companies out of business.

Thanks for the info.
    RN

Advertisement