Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coffee Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Such waste of timber though.
    I’ve tried one of them last year ,Honduras , I think .
    Thick crema in espresso but so tasteless....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It's so bad that it shouldn't even be called coffee.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Please all; it's a coffee bargains thread. If you've found a good value purchase then post a link.

There are plenty of other threads to flog the dead horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,110 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Please all; it's a coffee bargains thread. If you've found a good value purchase then post a link.

There are plenty of other threads to flog the dead horse.

Perhaps you could apply a rule that anyone putting forth a negative opinion about a 'bargain' coffee should be required to supply the name and source of a coffee which they think is better for the same price or lower.

Wouldn't work. A coffee being 'better' is all down to personal taste and preference. As an example; a poster might think a teabag is a better value option than Lidl's barrel coffee and thus more arguments would ensue further derailing the thread.

I hope you get what I mean but please drop me a PM to discuss it further if required. I'm hoping this thread can return to it's intended purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

mad m wrote: »

Do you know if it's beans or ground?

Do you know if it's beans or ground?

You can request either when ordering.

Just looking at Ponaire subscription, they only have 500g or 1k per month and works out at €13 a month for 6 months but you are getting 500g for the €13. You can choose different types of coffee also from their selection when your month is nearly up.

http://www.ponaire.ie/product-category/coffee-subscriptions/

Got 1kg of Nicaraguan Coffee from Ponaire, 21euro delivered. Really nice flavor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

NATLOR wrote: »
    Rave coffee giving 20% off for new customers if you sign up to their newsletter and free UK (use PM/PW etc) delivery if spending over £25.Decent enough selection,ordered 5 250g bags came in at just over 30 euro including PW cost

https://ravecoffee.co.uk/

Not as good a deal as above but for current customers:

15% off roasted and green coffee**: on Black Friday use code: FREAKYFRIDAY15
    on Cyber Monday use code: KYNETISLIVE15

Is there much difference in taste between bailies espresso coffee and the microlot coffee?

It says the microlot is best served filtered etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Never tried the microlot but their espresso blends have always been excellent imo

Thanks Mad_m - just see they have a BLACKFRIDAY 15% off code - there goes the credit card again :o:o Gonna pick up some Christmas blend too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭bilbot79

alec76 wrote: »
    Such waste of timber though.
    I’ve tried one of them last year ,Honduras , I think .
    Thick crema in espresso but so tasteless....
    I am after trying Kenya Masai Lidl barrel , have to admit ,it is actuality quite drinkable , no comparison to what I’ve had last year .
    Medium body ,pleasant acidity ,not bad at all for supermarket’s beans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Glebee

alec76 wrote: »
    I am after trying Kenya Masai Lidl barrel , have to admit ,it is actuality quite drinkable , no comparison to what I’ve tried last year .
    Medium body ,pleasant acidity ,not bad at all for supermarket’s beans.

Ive stocked up on it a bit. At 3.99 for 250gs its a bargain and very drinkable. Im going to have a huge stash of barrells when im done.

Glebee wrote: »
    Ive stocked up on it a bit. At 3.99 for 250gs its a bargain and very drinkable. Im going to have a huge stash of barrells when im done.

Surprised myself too, I couldn’t finish Honduras & Colombia barrels last year , had to bin it :)

• Advertisement

I've 2kg of Ponaire beans free for pick-up in the Dundalk area if anyone would like them? All 3 bags have been opened, I have tried the coffee but it didn't float my boat.

I've 2kg of Ponaire beans free for pick-up in the Dundalk area if anyone would like them? All 3 bags have been opened, I have tried the coffee but it didn't float my boat.

That's a shame...What's name of beans..

Bailies coffee January sale 15% off all orders. JANUARYBREWS Code

https://www.bailiescoffee.com

Bailies coffee January sale 15% off all orders. JANUARYBREWS Code

https://www.bailiescoffee.com

Just as I had run out - thanks :)

10% off Bell lane coffee for valentines

code: Valentine

Tesco finest - Sumatra Mandheling - 250g beans for about €3.99

• Advertisement

10% off blends at rave coffee for the next 2 days: code: THANKYOUSALE

Use parcel motel or similar for cheaper delivery via UK, or free UK delivery over £25.

If you are a new customer you can get 20% off by signing up to their newsletter instead.

LOVE their Mocha Jave blend.

10% off on Silverskin coffee for month of May . Use NEWSITE at checkout.

Aldi: Machu Picchu Blend and Guatemalan Blend beans in 454g bags. They work out at about €9-10 a kilo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

cnocbui wrote: »
    Aldi: Machu Picchu Blend and Guatemalan Blend beans in 454g bags. They work out at about €9-10 a kilo.

I grabbed a bag of Machu Picchu blend. They’re ok but nothing to write home about. Grand for a milky drink but darkish roast so not really my thing for espresso or filter.

Good value if you do like a dark roast though as I’ve had a lot worse dark roast beans than these.

20% off coffee online at Bell Lane until 31/8 with code
    BACKTOSCHOOL18

• Advertisement

I've seen some specialty single origin beans in Aldi today.
    Roasted by The Studio Coffee Roasters in Meath 2 weeks ago ( there is actual roasting date at the back ) 200g bags,under €4
    Anyone tried them?
    Ok , got Tanzania Mutawari AB beans roasted 12 AUGUST for €3.60-3.80.
    Very creamy,medium roast , tones of flavour, good for espresso, definitely worth buying.
    I had worse beans than that which cost me 3 times more.

Silverskin are doing a filter Friday special.

https://silverskincoffee.ie/product/el-roble-natural-exclusive-lot/

At checkout add #FILTERFRIDAY in and get two bags of El Roble Natural for 20euro delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Anyone spotted any coffee bean bargains recently? Ran out of Rave order about a week ago and tiding myself over with a small bag from Badger and Dodo, but could do with a 1kg bag.

I know there are some Rave fans here - 20% off all blends incl Halloween Blend!

"The SALE lasts for 24 HOURS 4:30pm TODAY until 4:30pm TUESDAY 23rd October

Use discount code: GoNutsforHalloween"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Would recommend https://www.adamsandrussell.co.uk/

They have a good offer of any 3 227g bags of single origin for £12

And any 3 227g bags of single estate for £18

Free shipping to ROI with £30+ spend

I got 3 of each of the above, am over half way through and very impressed so far

Would there be any Black Friday deals on coffee from main sellers? E.g Badger, Silverskin, Bailies, to name a few.

Maybe for hardware... I've never noticed them though. Worth keeping an eye out, stick a post up here if anyone spots anything!

Would there be any Black Friday deals on coffee from main sellers? E.g Badger, Silverskin, Bailies, to name a few.

Bell Lane often do discount codes and I could see Bailies doing a 10% off code (maybe Rave too). Badger never seem to do any discount codes :(

I tasted Badgers black water blend recently. Really nice taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Bailies did 15% off a sub last year if I remember correctly.

Holding out myself until then to see if I can get another subscription deal!

G rock wrote: »
    Bailies did 15% off a sub last year if I remember correctly.

Holding out myself until then to see if I can get another subscription deal!

Yeah I think they had a keep cup plus cupping spoon as well.

I'm drinking Kenyan blue mountain from Adam and Russell...really nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭dball

I tasted Badgers black water blend recently. Really nice taste.

just curious, how do you prepare it,
    I had it in a cappuccino and though it was very nice. Are you buying beans and grinding yourself & what way are you drinking it?

Tx

dball wrote: »
    just curious, how do you prepare it,
    I had it in a cappuccino and though it was very nice. Are you buying beans and grinding yourself & what way are you drinking it?

Tx

I got it in a restaurant in Rathmines. Farmer brownes. Got an americano. Badger and dodo have instructions on their site.

Recommended dial-in as follows:
    18g at 28 seconds on espresso to yield 40 grams double shot
    60g/L, 90deg, 2:30 infusion is plenty in any brew or filter device

I’m thinking of buying a kg bag of that blend though. Full beans. I have a Mahlkönig Vario Home V3 grinder

Just bought a KG of Badger & Dodo in framer browns rathmines for 22 euro. That's cheaper than off Badger direct. Roast date on pack is 23 October....Blackwater Blend.

NATLOR wrote: »
    Would recommend https://www.adamsandrussell.co.uk/

They have a good offer of any 3 227g bags of single origin for £12

And any 3 227g bags of single estate for £18

Free shipping to ROI with £30+ spend

I got 3 of each of the above, am over half way through and very impressed so far

Any benefit in opting for the "special offer" of 3 x 227g (681g) for €18 over a 1kg bag of the same coffee for €19?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Any benefit in opting for the "special offer" of 3 x 227g (681g) for €18 over a 1kg bag of the same coffee for €19?

Buying by the kilo will always be cheaper on any site

The benefit for me is I would rather choose 3 different bags than be limited to one large bag that I might not like. I may go the kilo route after I've tried most of whats available

Just finished a bag of that...nice coffee.

• Advertisement

Just finished a bag of that...nice coffee.

Yeah, I'm following your recommendation above! :)

Advertisement