Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What sort of phone do you have and what is your payment plan?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Samsung Galaxy S5 with Vodafone at €55 a month.

Had hoped to upgrade to s6 edge but can't just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 GoodKill

Novella wrote: »
    I have an iPhone 6 Plus and I have a plan with unlimited calls, texts and data and you can upgrade your phone as many times as you want per year. Or if you just keep the same phone, after however many months of payments you own it. I don't even know why I chose this plan, I very rarely change my phone.

Upgrade as many times you want per year?!? How does that work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Some chinese android yoke, sim only contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Tesco Mobile PAYG. 15 euro top up gets 10000 minutes and 1GB data but you keep the 15 as credit which you use for texts and international or whatever extra bundles you want. The phone is a Galaxy S5 that I paid 150 for, because I upgraded my former bosses contract (he lives abroad) and just paid the upgrade fee and he covers his own bill. I'm not working for him anymore so my next phone will probably be a Xiaomi (go google them if you want a high end phone for midrange prices) or whatever One Plus are offering when I'm looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

iPhone 6S 64GB
    €57 a month
    Unlimited calls, texts and data
    120 international texts and 120 international minutes.

Phone cost €259 on a 24 month contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

A sh1t one on pay as you go.
    It's probably better than mine. A Nokia 220 (cost €39.99), and pay as you go. I top up by €30 or €40 every month or two.

Still, the battery lasts over a week, and that's all I'm bothered about..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

A Samsung Galaxy Note 4, €55 p/month with Meteor. Unlimited calls and texts, 6GB of data per month. I have international minutes too, but I have no idea how much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

iPhone 6 64gb bought last year in Belfast Apple Store. €15 Tesco PAYG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Jb1989

iPhone 6S on 2 yr contract withThree on flexi350 tariff paying €40 a month but have a friends & family 20% discount so my bills are usually around €32/33 p/m.

I worked out that with my usage it's cheaper for me to get the phone on contract than buy one outright and go PAYG.

On the 40.66 plan myself. With iPhone 6. Not the 's' one tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Lia_lia wrote: »
    What do you mean by subscription? It's €20 per month for free unlimited internet, 3 calls, any network calls at weekends, and free any network texts always...the €20 can then be used to call other networks.

Generally on bill pay a monthly fee would be a lot more than that, for an iPhone 6s anyway. Plus I am not tied to a contract. Got the phone for very cheap so works out a lot better!

Sorry I meant monthly bill. You're still paying the same amount every month. It's a good deal though.
    It's probably better than mine. A Nokia 220 (cost €39.99), and pay as you go. I top up by €30 or €40 every month or two.

Still, the battery lasts over a week, and that's all I'm bothered about..

Yeah I usually top up by €20 every 2 or 3 months. Battery lasts about 4 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Iphone 5S. I've 4GB of data and free calls and texts to all networks. Contract is nearly up, I think I'll shop around and see what else I can get for a little cheaper.

Advertisement