Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something close to McGargles Big Bangin?

Options
  • 01-09-2020 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Doesn't need to be 7.1% but looking for an IPA kit that has a really nice citrus taste like big bangin. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

You're looking for something in a West Coast style. I've never tried it, but this might be ballpark. I'd recommend dry hopping with freshly-bought hops rather than the ones supplied.

Feidhlim wrote: »
    Doesn't need to be 7.1% but looking for an IPA kit that has a really nice citrus taste like big bangin. Any recommendations?

The Crafty Brewing IPA from Lidl is the same crowd and its 6%, cheaper too obviously.
    Ditto for Grafters from Dunnes, same story but not as fruity/sweet as LIDL one.
    Kinnegar do a WCIPA called Crossroads, will be about e3.50 in an offie.

Few cans by White Hag are decent. New England IPA is one.

Lagunitas are probably the nicest IPAs, very strong tastes similar to Big Banging.
    Issue with it is it's not always stocked in some of the supermarkets.
    I'm hard on the Guinness the last year, even the cans now but I saw some Lagunitas back in Dunnes and I was so tempted(i have some Big Banging sitting there for months).. that's how nice it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Thanks, but I'm not sure which forum you think this is!
    The Crafty Brewing IPA from Lidl is the same crowd and its 6%, cheaper too obviously.
    Ditto for Grafters from Dunnes, same story but not as fruity/sweet as LIDL one.
    Kinnegar do a WCIPA called Crossroads, will be about e3.50 in an offie.

Few cans by White Hag are decent. New England IPA is one.

Lagunitas are probably the nicest IPAs, very strong tastes similar to Big Banging.
    Issue with it is it's not always stocked in some of the supermarkets.
    I'm hard on the Guinness the last year, even the cans now but I saw some Lagunitas back in Dunnes and I was so tempted(i have some Big Banging sitting there for months).. that's how nice it is.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Big Bangin' has heaps of Simcoe and Mosaic in it, so as The Beer Nut says, buy an IPA kit and a load of fresh hops to throw into it.

Feidhlim wrote: »
    Thanks, but I'm not sure which forum you think this is!

I only saw the post on the homepage and the thread title wasnt obvious to the forum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement