Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Cooking Club Week 20: Pan fried salmon w/ buttered leeks, spinach & potatoes

Options
  • 31-05-2011 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Here's a nice recipe which is very easy to make. It's delicious and pretty healthy with the spinach, oily fish and leeks - quite paleo as that's how I tend to eat. So you'll see lots of butter but also I've added in some nice baby new potatoes as a little extra. :)

First off, assemble your ingredients:
    • Butter
    • Salmon fillets x 2
    • 2 x Leeks
    • Handful of spinach
    • Salt for seasoning
    • Parsley
    • Lemon juice

161092.jpg

After cutting your leeks up, put them in a little saucepan with a knob of butter and sweat them until them get soft and pliable.

Meanwhile, after seasoning your salmon (I like quite a bit of salt, I'm not a fan of black pepper so there's none in this recipe) - put them skin side down in a med-hot pan and let them sizzle away. Here's what the skin looks like when it's nice and crispy.

161094.jpg

When you're nearly done with both the salmon, leeks and potatoes, add in the spinach to the leeks and fold in until it wilts - this will only take a minute. Here's what it looks like:

161097.jpg

When everything is ready, assemble your plate. First, spoon out the leek and spinach mixture into the centre of the plate. Then dole out your baby new potatoes wherever you like. Then place the salmon flesh side up, or skin side up (whatever your preference) on top of the leek and spinach mixture.

Now you're ready for the sauce. This only takes a second. Just pop in a knob of butter into the hot frying pan and add a squeeze of lemon juice. This will make the pan sizzle and bubble so be careful. Sprinkle either fresh parsley or dried parsley into the mix and you will see it browning slightly. Don't let it burn!

161095.jpg

Just when the butter is melted, spoon it around the plate on the outside and wipe any spills.

161096.jpg

Enjoy!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Looks good, you might want to add "2011 Cooking Club Week 20" to the title

(i know its technically week 21 but prob best not to have a gap in the numbering, might confuse some peeps)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I tried to change the title but I don't know how! Oh the shame, I've been on boards for years! :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I tried, but the length is at the maximum already. What do you want me to cut out of the title?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

There ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

We had this tonight, Kimia, and it was lovely!

picture.php?albumid=1732&pictureid=9863

Camera focused on the potatoes and not on the salmon! :pac: :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

How did you do the spuds Little Alex?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    How did you do the spuds Little Alex?

I boiled whole baby potatoes as normal and then cut them in half, brushed with oil and gave them a quick fry on the griddle pan (with ridges) that I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Roald Dahl

I've made this twice now; a couple of weeks ago and again last night.

On both occasions I happened to have all the ingedients, including leek which need to be used.

It's a lovely dish which is very quick and easy to make!

CC-2011-20-Pan-Fried-Salmon-1.jpg

CC-2011-20-Pan-Fried-Salmon-2.jpg

Advertisement