Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you tell people when you've got a job interview?

Options
  • 11-07-2020 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

When you get word of an interview coming up, do you tell friends and family about it typically? I have one soon but I'm saying nothing,I felt I've jinxed it almost by yapping on about how great it would be if i got this or that job in the past, and then theres having to rehash your disappointment when you dont land the job.

What's been your experience with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Robsweezie wrote: »
    When you get word of an interview coming up, do you tell friends and family about it typically?

Unless your getting advice for the interview its best to say nothing just in case you don't get it as you don't want people asking if you don't get the job. Have good examples prepared and best of luck in the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

No I operate in the shadows of our world. I usually change the reg plates on my car, do quick sweep of the perimeter of the property with the night vision goggles, have one last look at the CCTV before rolling down the driveway with the engine off in the dead of the night. The interview itself usually takes place at a nondescript shed where I have to do a special knock on a metal door around the back. A black dude invariably opens the door and lets me inside after I correctly perform the required secret handshake.

Second round interview may or may not involve a trip through rough seas on a black RIB filled with lads wearing balaclavas to a disused lighthouse or cove along the cliffs with a few submarines parked inside . Telling people I have an interview could lead to worse things happening to me than not getting the job so I don't bother. Couple of times a few potential employers locked me into a van instead and brought me to a remote location that way but I didn't accept those jobs because they lacked the finesse of the lighthouse and the submarine crowds.

Their remote locations were fairly sh1te as well, some of them were just a tiger house or generic posh modern house that some dude threw a few mil at but you could tell by the building style they lacked taste and anything kind of nice on the interior was simply fashionable off-the-shelf stuff. Rule of thumb here is if I can't imagine Aongus working there I won't bother either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

No I operate in the shadows of our world. I usually change the reg plates on my car, do quick sweep of the perimeter of the property with the night vision goggles, have one last look at the CCTV before rolling down the driveway with the engine off in the dead of the night. The interview itself usually takes place at a nondescript shed where I have to do a special knock on a metal door around the back. A black dude invariably opens the door and lets me inside after I correctly perform the required secret handshake.

Second round interview may or may not involve a trip through rough seas on a black RIB filled with lads wearing balaclavas to a disused lighthouse or cove along the cliffs with a few submarines parked inside . Telling people I have an interview could lead to worse things happening to me than not getting the job so I don't bother. Couple of times a few potential employers locked me into a van instead and brought me to a remote location that way but I didn't accept those jobs because they lacked the finesse of the lighthouse and the submarine crowds.

Their remote locations were fairly sh1te as well, some of them were just a tiger house or generic posh modern house that some dude threw a few mil at but you could tell by the building style they lacked taste and anything kind of nice on the interior was simply fashionable off-the-shelf stuff. Rule of thumb here is if I can't imagine Aongus working there I won't bother either.

Or you could just Zoom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Yester wrote: »
    Or you could just Zoom.

Feck sake the Chinese would be on to me straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Yeah, Sinn Fein tend to be a little cautious on occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

If I need them to babysit, but only if their height and weight checks out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭policarp

I wouldn't. I'd wait 'till I had the job.

Advertisement