Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid Payment and when it ends

• 10-07-2020 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

I applied for Job seekers got awarded the Covid €350 payment temporary (their words) due to the mass influx of claims due to the pandemic.

I am still receiving this payment but I am worried that covid claimants need to confirm eligibility (by 13 July) or risk being cut off! What do I do I don't want to submit this form and risk being prosecuted or having no income!

Job seekers still not approved and calling Intreo haven't been very helpful!

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭Snow_White1987

In this case, I would confirm your eligibility at Welfare.ie, just in case.

You can call the Covid helpline on Monday to confirm, but just even to have it done online as otherwise it's just going to be done and generated systematically with anyone who hasn't confirmed automatically cut off (I would think).

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    I applied for Job seekers got awarded the Covid €350 payment temporary (their words) due to the mass influx of claims due to the pandemic.

I am still receiving this payment but I am worried that covid claimants need to confirm eligibility (by 13 July) or risk being cut off! What do I do I don't want to submit this form and risk being prosecuted or having no income!

Job seekers still not approved and calling Intreo haven't been very helpful!

Thanks all

And as long as you have the proof that the PUP was awarded to you on that basis via a letter or email I wouldn't worry – just something that has their decision on your claim in writing and you'll be fine – I'm sure lots are in the same boat.

Question, why did you apply for the JSA over the PUP, out of interest? Had you been unemployed prior to the pandemic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

And as long as you have the proof that the PUP was awarded to you on that basis via a letter or email I wouldn't worry – just something that has their decision on your claim in writing and you'll be fine – I'm sure lots are in the same boat.

Question, why did you apply for the JSA over the PUP, out of interest? Had you been unemployed prior to the pandemic?

Seems strange and misleading on my part to 'confirm my eligibility' when I'm not eligible. Will they contact my previous employer like how will they even know of my circumstances.

I was made unemployed right before the pandemic so hence I applied for JSA.

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Seems strange and misleading on my part to 'confirm my eligibility' when I'm not eligible. Will they contact my previous employer like how will they even know of my circumstances.

I was made unemployed right before the pandemic so hence I applied for JSA.

Ah I’m sorry I misunderstood, if you weren’t actually on the PUP and it’s the JSA, it’s definitely more complicated.

Could you ring the JSA department directly? They shouldn’t just stop your payment but given what happened to me this week anything is possible!

I’m sorry I can’t be more help - anyone who doesn’t fit the black and white model of standard requirements needed seems to miss out.

Advertisement