Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Jobseekers Allowance to Bank

Options
  • 07-07-2020 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Last week I changed my jobseekers payment to the bank as its a pain in the arse to have to go from post office to bank to pay my bills.

I had no payment in the Post Office this week and nothing in the bank. Does anybody know how long this change will take ? Will I get a payment or will it be doubled in two weeks time ?

Have tried ringing the local office but the dont answer the phones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

As far as i know you can only get jobseekers into the bank during the pandemic, regularly its paid in to the post office as collecting it shows you are available for work and in the country.

And they are still paid bi weekly atm anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

wifey28 wrote: »
    As far as i know you can only get jobseekers into the bank during the pandemic, regularly its paid in to the post office as collecting it shows you are available for work and in the country.

And they are still paid bi weekly atm anyway?

Yes still paid bi-weekly. The changeover takes a few days and its paid into the bank on a Thursday. Hopefully I wont be on it for long.

Advertisement