Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid Payment and when it ends

Options
  • 06-07-2020 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Yet to receive a message or email from the department regarding the 13th of July (confirm your entitlement period) or the August Covid payment end date.

I have spoken to local Intreo office and they have said no text = not to worry about it.. perhaps I have been pre-cleared or Revenue have confirmed my status?

I can't help but be slightly apprehensive as if it does end I'll have no money incoming for a while...

Thoughts. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭redunited

I have no idea what they are doing, I am self employed , last week I recieved 350, this week 203.

How do they even know what my end of year accounts are going to be? No idea how they are calculating things and what the hell is going on.

All I do know is I was better off under a FG goverment than this govenrment led my Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Daidy2011

I am in a similar situation to you. Received a text from the DEASP advising me of the reduction effective today when I queried it they advised that, according to Revenue (their databases are linked), it is based on my 2018 earnings which as less than €200/week - hence the reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 amd1982

My husband is a similar situation cut to €203 this week , they said it’s based on 2018 he had to send across his documentation from Revenue as he’s definitely entitled to the higher rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Snow_White1987

amd1982 wrote: »
    My husband is a similar situation cut to €203 this week , they said it’s based on 2018 he had to send across his documentation from Revenue as he’s definitely entitled to the higher rate.

I’m in the same boat (as our most freelancers from what I gather).

Only started freelancing in January 2019 so no tax yet for this year and I worked full time as an employee in 2018 so if it’s based on 2018, I’m definitely entitled to the higher bracket.

Hoping someone gets back to me to resolve this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Don't see it ending anytime soo TBH, will look very bad on FF and the greens if they come in and end it straight away. The numbers on the payment are still high, a lot of people depending on it. They would not be able to prosess that number over to JSA or JSB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Yet to receive a message or email from the department regarding the 13th of July (confirm your entitlement period) or the August Covid payment end date.

I have spoken to local Intreo office and they have said no text = not to worry about it.. perhaps I have been pre-cleared or Revenue have confirmed my status?

I can't help but be slightly apprehensive as if it does end I'll have no money incoming for a while...

Thoughts. Thanks

I didn't get a text or email but still replied just in case deadline 13 July, I know some self employed folks who were dropped yesterday

torrevieja wrote: »
    I didn't get a text or email but still replied just in case deadline 13 July, I know some self employed folks who were dropped yesterday

Dropped or just had rates reduced?

I’m self-employed and even though I should still be on €350 my rate was dropped today (every other freelancer I knew in the same boat).

They’ve made a mess of the whole thing and no one from the department can explain what’s happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

dropped but if your net is under 10,000 they drop u, to be honest they dont need that form for u to fill in they have already been in touch with Revennue its just if u dont get back to them they drop ur money

torrevieja wrote: »
    dropped but if your net is under 10,000 they drop u, to be honest they dont need that form for u to fill in they have already been in touch with Revennue its just if u dont get back to them they drop ur money

This isn’t quite true though as most of us here earned well over the required amount and rates were still cut. I got back to them and mine was still dropped so something has gone wrong for a lot of people.

Advertisement