Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage payment calculation with different options

Options
  • 09-06-2020 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello everyone, I put together the following mortgage calculations online.
    1. Simple Mortgage Payments Calculator (EMI) - To see monthly payments, interest and capital paid and closing balance
    2. Overpayment Mortgage calculator (if your bank allows) - To see overpayment you make goes to reduce the debt, term, etc .
    3. Compare two mortgage interest payments (Switching to another bank) - To see the difference in monthly payments after switching to another bank, savings
    4. Two Interest Rates Comparison and Redress Payment - This is for the Tracker issue affected people in Ireland
    You will be able to see how much mortgage left over at any point of time in future, say after 2 years, savings you will make if you switch to another bank, over-payment savings etc.
    Most importantly you can export all the calculations to an Excel file.

Here is the link. Will attach a screenshot later, if possible. please remove spaces.
    www. divocsolutions .com / mortgagecalcweb /

Hopefully it will be useful for some to compare and take right mortgage. Please let me know if you have any comments.

Boards Mods, please move this to appropriate section if this is not right group. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Most importantly you can export all the calculations to an Excel file.

The common practice in this scenario is to give the user the data in a CSV file. The file your website creates and which the user is offered as a download is an XLSX file - you have to run Excel to open it. And it could contain a malicious macro i.e. a virus.

As this is your first post on boards, extreme caution advised.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 divocsolutions

coylemj wrote: »
    The common practice in this scenario is to give the user the data in a CSV file. The file your website creates and which the user is offered as a download is an XLSX file - you have to run Excel to open it. And it could contain a malicious macro i.e. a virus.

As this is your first post on boards, extreme caution advised.

Sure, I used OpenXML, so it's ok as of now. I will take your suggestion and make it as a CSV file. Thanks.

coylemj wrote: »
    The common practice in this scenario is to give the user the data in a CSV file.

Hello everyone,
    Above mortgage payments calculator has been updated with the following options now.
    • Simple Mortgage Payments Calculator (EMI)
    • Overpayment Mortgage Calculator (Reduce Mortgage Term)
    • Lump Sum Overpayment Mortgage Calculator (Reduce Monthly Payment)
    • Compare two mortgage interest payments (Switching to another bank)

Mortgage Payments Calculator - by Divoc Solutions

All the calculations can be downloaded as a CSV or XLSX file. A screenshot is attached. Please check and share your comments. Thank you.

Mortgage payments calc July.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Be handy if you could set 2 applicable rates.

So say fixed at A% for X period, then rate reverts to B% for (Term - X)

Hello, A new option has been added and a couple of changes have been made to the Free Mortgage Payments Calculator by Divoc Solutions.
    With this new option, which is for an ongoing mortgage, you can see how much interest or capital has been paid or will be paid at a future date when interest changes. This is mainly useful for people who are coming out of 'variable to fixed' or 'fixed to another fixed', etc.
    Let me know if you have any comments, hopefully it's useful for someone.
    Please share it with your friends. Thank you.

https://www.divocsolutions.com/mortgagecalcweb/

• Advertisement
Advertisement