Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Should I delay my cats' annual FELV vaccinations because of Coronavirus

Options
  • 24-03-2020 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Anyone know for sure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Best thing to do is ring your vets and find out what their stance is. Some are doing emergency only, others still taking on appts but with limited people entering.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Our vet has stopped all routine stuff including vaccines : "Annual booster vaccinations can be delayed up to three months in the case of cats; and six months for dogs."
    They're still doing stuff like laser therapy - they're talking Bailey in the carpark and bringing him back out to me - which he has mixed feelings about lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

hkjohn wrote: »
    Anyone know for sure?

Yes, definitely.
    I'm surprised you need to ask this.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Yes, definitely.

The reason I posted my query in the pets section of this forum is that I couldn't find any advice when I googled the question.

Given that you've posted here over 10,000 times and are presumably familiar with why people visit forums like boards.ie,
    I'm surprised you hadn't worked this reasoning out before engaging in unnecessarily condescending point scoring.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who posted more constructive answers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Yes, definitely.

Agreed with the op's response to you, the beer revolu. There's absolutely no need for the condescending tone to your post. There is a strictly upheld rule in the forum that posters are welcome to debate points, but they must be respectful of one another in the process. Your post contravenes this requirement.
    Please bear this in mind when posting in this forum in future.
    Do not reply to this post in thread.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

tk123 wrote: »
    Our vet has stopped all routine stuff including vaccines : "Annual booster vaccinations can be delayed up to three months in the case of cats; and six months for dogs."
    They're still doing stuff like laser therapy - they're talking Bailey in the carpark and bringing him back out to me - which he has mixed feelings about lol :p

Our vet did the same, our cat was neutered 10 days ago, stitches due out today. Arrived at the appointment time, rang the receptionist from the car, nurse came out and collected our cat and brought her back 2 minutes later.
    Our dog has a follow up appointment and booster next Wednesday, I assume that will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭kathleen37

I had 6 cats vaccinated in Feb - due back for the second jag. Phoned the vets and they are only doing emergencies so they said "how do you feel about giving the injections?". So, after lots and lots of "how to give a cat an injection" video's on youtube, that's what I did. Phoned the vets when I was in the car park, they brought a bag out with the vaccines/needles etc and off I went.

I made two of them squeak and it wasn't easier the more I did. :0(

Hey ho, done now. Hope I don't have to do that again...

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

My problem is my vet is about 30kms away so it's a long schlep over. They did originally arrange for an appointment and were very good when I decided to put off for a while

Advertisement