Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poster Print's

Options
  • 19-02-2001 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Has anyone got an idea what company I could send an image too to get a hard copy of it printed. I'm looking to try and get an A0 or bigger (if possible) print of some of my work in the future. Also what would the best resolution be for an A0 quality print?
    Thanks.
    Clamor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

O'sullivan graphics just off camden st, or the print place on stephens green beside compustore.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

I think no matter what the physical size of the image is.. 300dpi + is always a good one to aim around..

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

The only poster i've done was 1 for nethouse.
    It was a1 in size. I done it in 300 dpi and the psd file ended up somthing like 8 gigs big. And the .tif file 2 gigs
    We also found out (the hard way) A printer wont ecept anything over 100mb.
    We ended up compressing it to a jpeg!
    came out ok in the end tho smile.gif
    From talking to a few other design0r friends, i think u should judge DPI from viewing distance. i.e 300 being reading distance from a magizine, 50 dpi being a A0 poster hanging 20 feet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nicknamed

Hi
    Need couple of coloured A0 posters printed.
    Any recommendations for economical rates? Price seems to be varying from 25 Euros to 70 Euros from each from surfing the net!
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

18 year old thread resurfaced!

• Advertisement
Advertisement