Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retention planning for extension small cottage

• 20-05-2019 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I bought a small cottage a few years ago which already had an extension built at the back which left no back yard. I believe the rule states that the extension cannot leave behind less than 25 square metres of open space. This house never had that much outdoor space to begin with.

I am hoping to sell the property but I'm worried that this will be an issue (like it was when I bought the house). Do you have any advice on what I should do to help the sale of my house? Should I apply for retention planning? I understand that nothing can be knocked down if it has stood for 7 years or more.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

CPTM wrote: »
    Hi all, I bought a small cottage a few years ago which already had an extension built at the back which left no back yard. I believe the rule states that the extension cannot leave behind less than 25 square metres of open space. This house never had that much outdoor space to begin with.

I am hoping to sell the property but I'm worried that this will be an issue (like it was when I bought the house). Do you have any advice on what I should do to help the sale of my house? Should I apply for retention planning? I understand that nothing can be knocked down if it has stood for 7 years or more.

Retention to regularize the extension will suffice.
    You will then have to get a Certificate of Compliance with the Retention Permission from a suitably qualified person.

Advertisement