Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sprint Sunday 19 May

Options
  • 19-05-2019 11:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭

Naas looks trappy enough. I have had a small ew on Feminista in the 3.50.

I have also had a win single on Surrounding in the 2.40.

I have backed Acapella Bourgeois ew in France.

I think the Lockinge proved yesterday what a weak division the mile is this year. A 6 year old winner and the placing of Accidental Agent is sure to raise a few eyebrows. It is looking like last years' 3 year olds are very passable at this stage.

Of all the horses I watched yesterday I think Raise You which won the first at Newmarket looks a really decent type. Pushed out to win by 3 lengths he is definitely a group horse at least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

1.35 Naas, Kiss For A Jewel. My strongest bet of the day and it's a lay at around 2.14. Yes the race is weak but I'm pretty sure this horse won't be good enough to win. I did contemplate backing Kaftan @ around 11/4 as I think it will improve on it's 4th but decided to just stick with the lay.

1.45 Market Rasen, Siannes Star. Another lay bet. Around 2.48 currently but I'm sure it will come back in as it looks a 2 horse race. The horse seemed to have rose to the occasion last time out and I don't think it will be able to manage another win on the bounce.

2.00 Ripon, Abadie. Nearly a max win bet for me. The horse is beautifully bred and Watson can really get them ready for a first time out win. With the pedigree of this horse I can't see any messing about with 3 poor runs and handicap marks etc... This horse will be primed to win today and I think Morris will get it home in front. 15/8 with the bookies or 2/1 on the exchange is an absolutely cracking price.

Good luck to anyone betting today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Fantasy to stay into place at 33/1 in the 3:15 . Love total recall in France 33/1 4 places. Ratvinden should prob be fav though .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

If anyone wants to watch an impressive 2yr old have a look at the Ripon opener. Didn’t look a big specimen but won very impressively for Mark Johnson Mystic Grey. Little pocket rocket over 6f

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Gonna chance Gurkhas Fiend at 6/1 in the next at Ripon. Has a solid record here, won this the past 2 years. Wouldn't look too much into his all weather form but was running well at the end of last year's turf season.

FatRat wrote: »
    Gonna chance Gurkhas Fiend at 6/1 in the next at Ripon. Has a solid record here, won this the past 2 years. Wouldn't look too much into his all weather form but was running well at the end of last year's turf season.

He decided to not leave the stalls. Very sound of him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Have had bets on Barend Boy in the 5.00 at Naas and Spiorad Saoirse/Premier League in the last race. Smaller bet on Premier League with some major doubts over staying the mile trip but might just about outstay Geological if leaders get a soft time of it.

Can't speak highly enough of Bet365 to be fair to them. They just gave me a discretionary refund on Gurkha Friend after he refused to race. Under every bookies rules that is a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

FatRat wrote: »
    Can't speak highly enough of Bet365 to be fair to them. They just gave me a discretionary refund on Gurkha Friend after he refused to race. Under every bookies rules that is a loss.

Paddy gave me a tenner free bet - I only had a 10e win bet on anyway so that's decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Naas looks trappy enough. I have had a small ew on Feminista in the 3.50.

I have also had a win single on Surrounding in the 2.40.

I have backed Acapella Bourgeois ew in France.

I think the Lockinge proved yesterday what a weak division the mile is this year. A 6 year old winner and the placing of Accidental Agent is sure to raise a few eyebrows. It is looking like last years' 3 year olds are very passable at this stage.

Of all the horses I watched yesterday I think Raise You which won the first at Newmarket looks a really decent type. Pushed out to win by 3 lengths he is definitely a group horse at least.

Well done on Surrounding.

Advertisement