Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clamped unfairly and missed flight as a result .. what recourse to I have?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Isambard wrote: »
    in retrospect, you could have left the car with them and got a taxi to the airport. (Chances are the clamp would be gone when you return).
    Assuming the clampers didn't spot the error, it's as likely the vehicle would be towed and the OP might have to pay more fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Victor wrote: »
    Assuming the clampers didn't spot the error, it's as likely the vehicle would be towed and the OP might have to pay more fees.

Or they indeed remove the clamp and then your car is left there the next day with no parking paid and ready to be legitimately clamped. It was an absolutely preposterous suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

oh calm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Isambard wrote: »
    oh calm down.

Yeah stupid suggestions are way better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

Hi all.
    The initial appeal was rejected and I was told to go to the second "independent" appeals route. I did, and paid over €20 for it, I successfully got my money back, less the appeals fee. They were initially only offering half of it back.

My manager said she won't let this go, she said she'll push tooth and nail to hammer them clampers for every conceivable expense she can to teach them a lesson. Missed flight, paid for (but unused) accommodation, lost company time (96 hours of it), her time wasted chasing it up, etc.

I'll keep you all posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

On what basis was your initial appeal denied ?

Clamping company clearly in the wrong from the start, refuse to unclamp without you paying and then refuse your appeal !!

I really hope your company go through them for a shortcut, Id love to be the judge with that case before me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Crock Rock wrote: »
    Hi all.
    The initial appeal was rejected and I was told to go to the second "independent" appeals route. I did, and paid over €20 for it, I successfully got my money back, less the appeals fee. They were initially only offering half of it back.

My manager said she won't let this go, she said she'll push tooth and nail to hammer them clampers for every conceivable expense she can to teach them a lesson. Missed flight, paid for (but unused) accommodation, lost company time (96 hours of it), her time wasted chasing it up, etc.

I'll keep you all posted.

I can't even... WTF planet are these bottom feeders living on? The audacity of them to deny your appeal, especially as this was the advice given by one of their phone monkeys. Then they literally slap you in the face with a rotten fish and tell you they are only giving you half back? What was the reason for that? Admin costs or some nonsense?

For the love of god, tell me you got the €20 "independent" appeal fee back also? WTF is an independent appeal anyway?

Get a solicitor and take these cowboys to the cleaners. Your story might be worth a few bob too, although clamper hunting season has passed I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

I can't even... WTF planet are these bottom feeders living on? The audacity of them to deny your appeal, especially as this was the advice given by one of their phone monkeys. Then they literally slap you in the face with a rotten fish and tell you they are only giving you half back? What was the reason for that? Admin costs or some nonsense?

For the love of god, tell me you got the €20 "independent" appeal fee back also? WTF is an independent appeal anyway?

Get a solicitor and take these cowboys to the cleaners. Your story might be worth a few bob too, although clamper hunting season has passed I believe.

My manger is gripping onto this like a Cavan man on a penny.

She asked me if I'd give her copies of my phone bill and she's literally circling all and everything ! Texts sent, calls made etc (premium numbers).

She wants to tare them asunder. She doens't seem to want to let this go. It's great to have good support like this. Shes more adamant thatn I am to tell the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Crock Rock wrote: »
    My manger is gripping onto this like a Cavan man on a penny.

She asked me if I'd give her copies of my phone bill and she's literally circling all and everything ! Texts sent, calls made etc (premium numbers).

She wants to tare them asunder. She doens't seem to want to let this go. It's great to have good support like this. Shes more adamant thatn I am to tell the truth.

Christ! The phone calls are premium? How much did they cost if you don't mind? I am no lawyer,, but maybe ask in the legal forum for some advice. Were you on company time? Maybe you can't take any legal action of your own. I am not sure, have no idea sorry.

Sure is good to have a manager like that alright, I hope she does everything in her power to seek justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

I sometimes find myself standing up for clampers when peoples throw out lazy remarks like calling them all vultures etc. Unfortunately they're sometimes a necessary evil to deter people from parking their car wherever the hell the like.

But they're behaving terribly in this instance and I hope you they're made pay up for every last cent. Yes mistakes can happen but they could at least hold their hands up, apologise and rectify their mistake asap. Also fair play to your boss for backing you up to such an extent.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement