Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Award Season 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Alicat wrote: »
    Gemma Chan

That's a cool outfit. A lot of other stuff is very meh for me. One princess dress after another.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Thandie Newton

469761.jpeg

Emily Blunt

469762.jpeg

Keri Russell

469763.jpeg

Connie Britton

469764.jpeg

• Advertisement

Lady Gaga

469765.jpeg

Emma Stone

469766.jpeg

Julia Roberts

469767.jpeg

Janelle Monae

469768.jpeg

Anne Hathaway

469769.jpeg

• Advertisement

Halle Berry

469772.jpeg

Saoirse Ronan

469773.jpeg

Kristen Bell

469774.jpeg

Lupita Nyong’o

469775.jpeg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Friendly mod note - Please don't quote images, it's a nightmare for anyone on slow connections and creates clutter in the thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Some stunners, and some meh dresses. No absolute howlers in this thread at least, although I've not seen everyone at he event.

Saoirse Ronan, Julia Roberts and Thandie Newton are best dressed for me.

Honerable mentions to Lupita Nyongo and Gemma Chan. Emmy Rossum is perfection as always even though I'm a bit over the tulle ballgown look, but this is a very good example regardless.

Penelope Cruz - R U OK HUN?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Best:
    Lady Gaga - I mean, periwinkle blue hair. The nod to Judy Garland. She's just fabulous. It'd nearly make you forget the meat dress.
    Catherine Zeta Jones - just wow! The colour, the draping, the fit - stunning.
    Emily Blunt - beautiful dress. A shade or two darker would've been even better IMO but yeah, she never gets it wrong.
    Thandie Newton - stunnah. That's how you show some skin and still look classy. Love the natural hair too.
    Isla Fisher - just lovely.
    Lupita Nyongo - predictably flawless.
    Sandra Oh - gorgeous. The fit of that white dress is impeccable. The red is so classy too. Not as mad about the white with the gold sleeves but it worked!
    Alison Janney - perfect. Why doesn't everyone else use her stylist?
    Danai Gurira - no idea who she is but I love that dress! The capey floaty bit is so extra.
    Emmy Rossum - the 'floaty pink tulle confection' look has been done to death but when it suits you this well, it'd be rude not to.
    Camilla Belle - I'd wear that dress every day if I could. The green eyeshadow was a mistake though.

Worst:
    Kate Mara - if a dress remind you of a milking machine, just don't wear it. Awful.
    Rosamund Pike - anyone of the elements, followed through, would've made a better dress than this monstrosity.
    Rachel Weisz obviously spilled something on the bodice of her lovely black sheath and decided to get creative with miles of toilet paper. That's the only credible explanation for being seen in public in... that.
    Anne Hathaway - who'd have thought wearing several shades of leopard print together could look cheap and tacky? Shocker. The deep neckline and the slit aren't helping matters.
    Claire Foy - ill-fitting, creased, cheap looking, nasty beading. Great colour though, in fairness.

Meh:
    Olivia Coleman - a very glam look but I'd've preferred it without the mesh detail on the shoulders - off the shoulder would have been more chic and more flattering to her frame, IMO. The caped sleeve is to die for. I also would have preferred it in navy or very dark forest green rather than black, but now I'm being picky.
    Emma Stone - maybe if it had been tea length rather than floor length? She'll pull it out of the bag for the Oscars maybe.
    Saoirse Ronan - not quite 'meh' maybe, but not quite there. Maybe it's the tomato red lip? Or the slicked back hair? Not her best, for me. That skin, though!
    Halle Berry - but only from the waist up. Absolutely love the bottom part of this dress, but I kind of wish it had had a slash neck, or even a sculpter strapless bodice.
    Amy Adams - there's something 'off' about it. It comes off a little matronly?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

My favourites were Halle, Julia and Regina, all of them were stunning

Critics Choice Awards

rs_634x1024-190113163618-634-regina-king-critics-choice-awards-2019.jpg?fit=inside|900:650&output-quality=90

rs_634x1024-190113160601-634.john-krasinski-emily-blunt-critics-choice-awards-2019.jpg?fit=inside|900:650&output-quality=90

rs_634x1024-190113155727-634.mandy-moore-critics-choice-awards-2019.jpg?fit=inside|900:650&output-quality=90

rs_634x1024-190113154502-634.poppy-delevingne-critics-choice-awards-2019.jpg?fit=inside|900:650&output-quality=90

rs_634x1024-190113153308-634.Connie-Britton-critics-choice-awards-2019.jpg?fit=inside|900:650&output-quality=90

rs_634x1024-190113150750-634.Betty-Gilpin-critics-choice-awards-2019.jpg?fit=inside|900:650&output-quality=90

rs_634x1024-190113144715-634.jodie-comer-critics-choice-awards-2019.jpg?fit=inside|900:650&output-quality=90

Critics Choice is never amazing, dresswise IMO.
    I liked Alison Janney again, it was a very fresh and comfy looking outfit!

• Advertisement

Yeah nothing really show stopping there at all! Emily Blunt looked like she was off to the debs with that dress!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Funny, Emily Blunt's dress is actually the only one I like there.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Critics Choice is never amazing, dresswise IMO.
    I liked Alison Janney again, it was a very fresh and comfy looking outfit!

rs_634x1024-190113171805-634-allison-janney-critics-choice-awards-2019.jpg

For 59, she loves well and naturally aging

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/national-television-awards-best-dressed-red-carpet-2019-holly-willoughby-tess-daly-a8740421.html
    Absolutey love Emma Willis' caped dress.
    Caroline Flack is wearing shorts - ooh, how quirky! Same gimmick for years now!
    Stacey Dooley's dress looks all out of proportion - the length is funny and the very low strapless neckline does nothing for her IMO. Too fitted for pockets to sit right, too.
    Rachel Adedeji looks fantastic - a simple formula that works.
    Helen Flanagan's dress is stunning - what has she done to her face though?
    The TOWIE girls look like they like a bit of surgery and fillers, too.
    Love the colour of Darcey Bussell's dress.

I like Holly's dress but her hair looks messy

Darcey Bussell looked fab in purple

Lots of fabulous looks at the SAGs! Will have to do a proper look at lunch.

Margot Robbie in Chanel, I think she looks amazing!

9061982-6638227-image-m-307_1548636999296.jpg

Wow Margot looked stunning!
    Loved Mandy Moore's dress, too.
    Not a crazy fan of Emily Blunt's dress - neither the shape nor the colour did it for me.
    Also liked Patricia Clarkson (I love a dramatic sleeve!)
    I thought Lupita Nyongo had got it very right, as usual, in a light coloured feathered dress - but no, it wasn't her! She wore a weird black jacket and shiny jewelled skirt combo that missed the mark! Danai Gurira was the feathered lady - my favourite look of the night.

• Advertisement

Angela Bassett looked amazing and she is 60

Angela+Bassett+Dresses+Skirts+Fishtail+Dress+uNU2QqGtnnQl.jpg

Advertisement