Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Software for easy cropping to aspect ratio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What printer are you using?
    You probably need to adjust the margin settings in the printer options and/or allow the option to "fit to page" print.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

It would really require human intervention because I want to pick what gets included in the photo.

I'd like to be able to select multiple images and combine them all into one page too. I remember windows photos app used to do this but I don't think it allowed for user intervention with cropping

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

We use google picassa for simple cropping as its built in common photo dimensions work well and it keeps a copy of the original.

Photoshop for general cropping when not specifically going for cropping to print sizes

infanview for any bulk stuff like cropping, resizing, adding watermarks etc.

We use google picassa for simple cropping as its built in common photo dimensions work well and it keeps a copy of the original.

I use Picassa myself, and get great results from my Epson workforce 2110
    Picasa is not downloadable from Google anymore though, this might be a problem. Picassa might be downloable elsewhere but I'd be mindful of where I'd download it from. I've deleted the Picassa installer file long ago I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

I have a copy of the installer for Picassa if anyone wants it

• Advertisement

Picasa is not downloadable from Google anymore though, this might be a problem.

No way, Weve used it for years!! Its a shame. Unfortunately it started to suck a bit as it didnt display nikon Raw NEF files very well but for general album browsing, cropping, tagging etc it was fantastic!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You can get picasa here:

http://www.oldapps.com/picasa.php

A lot of modern operating systems come with basic image editors. The build in Photos app on MacOS can crop to a range of ratios and I’m pretty sure the one in Windows 10 does the same.

the basic image editors tend to crop ok but not automatically make a backup of the original.

Thread a bit old, but the download link for picassa no longer works. T^T

The old apps link above is working for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭specky4eyes

MS Paint?

Edit: Didn't click link in first post, but yea, MS paint is simple software for cropping jpegs.

Advertisement