Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What music streaming service do you use?

Options
  • 21-04-2018 2:10pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭

Which service do people use?

I'm trying to decide between Spotify, Google Play Music and Deezer.

Anyone have experience with them?

I've tried free trials with them, but can't make up my mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Spotify I use and set up a free trial on Amazon for 30days.

Why not try Amazon 30 day trial and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Pugzilla wrote: »

I've used Spotify and Google music. Currently on Spotify but probably gonna move back to Google Music. Find the autoplaylist stuff to be great and the application to be better overall. Plus not blocked in work which is a nice extra.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Spotify I use and set up a free trial on Amazon for 30days.

Why not try Amazon 30 day trial and see.

I'll check out the trial, but saw on amazon UK it costs £12.99 a month? I don't have a Prime account either.

All the other services are offering €10/month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

I use spotify but have my collection backed up to google music. I find both ok, just what you get used to really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Spotify for my family... 6 of us for €15 a month. All the family happily sitting in the car with earphones on!! Except the Driver who get 'shotgun' on the radio and so he plays his playlist without earphones!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Play music, I have my whole music collection uploaded to it and can use it across all my devices and it's invaluable if I need to download something off of it whatever corner of the world I'm in...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

I find Spotify the best personally.
    I like metal and it does a good job of notifying me of new releases or playlists etc.

I had Google music as well but too often it'd throw acdc or nickel back into metal playlists while being a small thing it was enough to sour me on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

If you go with spotify, be sure to check out the family plan thread here

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057655713/175/#post106748887

Think there is a thread for google play also here but dont have the link for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

• Advertisement

If you're with Vodafone Spotify is €5

I'll check out the trial, but saw on amazon UK it costs £12.99 a month? I don't have a Prime account either.

All the other services are offering €10/month.

You can cancel at end of 30 day.

It's £3.99 in UK so they are really gouging us here

You can cancel at end of 30 day.

It's £3.99 in UK so they are really gouging us here

I was wrong, Amazon Music is €9.99/month in Ireland as well. I think the £3.99 offer is for use with Amazon Echo/Dot only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I used Play Music but get Spotify free as part of my package with Vodafone. Play Music is a bit better but the there's feck all in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

I'm using spotify a few years now and I find it great, I much prefer it to tidal, tidal IMO is set up for the American market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hiphophead2003

I just use Itube. I'm a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Regarding Spotify on Vodafone, I believe it's €5 credit for PAYG customers, free on the two higher tariffs on bill pay (you choose between it and some mobile version of Sky Sports) or as a €6 add on to the 30day SIM contract or the €40 per month tariff.
    I haven't used Play music in a while but the playlist set up on Spotify is why I chose them while Play was finding it's feet.
    Not heard anyone mention Apple's service yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I use both Spotify and Tidal.

Tidal is good if you have a decent pair of headphones to listen to it with. If you like to hear depth and nuance in the music that just about makes it worth it, just. But its interface sucks and there's still a few gaps in its catalogue. But I can still justify it for sound quality.

Spotify is still my goto 80% of the time. It's easy to use and user friendly. Discover weekly is an excellent playlist and it has pretty much everything you'd want in terms of selection. If you had to pick just one streaming service it'd get my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Yossrrhighes

I use Pirate Bay.

Arghus wrote: »

Tidal is good if you have a decent pair of headphones to listen to it with. If you like to hear depth and nuance in the music that just about makes it worth it, just. But its interface sucks and there's still a few gaps in its catalogue. But I can still justify it for sound quality.

Do you mean Tidal HiFi with FLAC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

For a one off payment of €16 I have access to approx. 9k tracks. I bought a 64Gb memory card and copied my music collection on to it then popped it into my phone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

For a one off payment of €16 I have access to approx. 9k tracks. I bought a 64Gb memory card and copied my music collection on to it then popped it into my phone.

Pretty much the same, but never got around to copying all the CDs onto the PC. Must start using Spotify a bit more as I have a free account and like the idea of apps generating playlists of what it thinks I might like. Youtube has been throwing some quite decent stuff at me of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Deezer it's good can use my three credit against it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Google Play Music, but haven't really used loads of others. Took up a 3 month free trial and it does everything I want, so ended up subscribing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Depends on your listening habits.
    I use spotify free. An ad every half hour, and shuffled playlists is fine by me when I'm on my phone at work. At my desk I use it on the PC (spotify free on a PC is fully featured).

Other than that I copy a few albums from my pc to phone. When I'm at home I listen to physical albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭EdEd

Currently I use Spotify. I get it as part of my mobile plan. It has a nice layout which is an added bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wtspd_2018

They've improved spotify lately so it can't really be faulted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Just going by this, Apple Music far behind.

They really missed the boat with music streaming. Tough to catch up

Advertisement