Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a remote for an old aiwa stereo system will a one for all work?

Options
  • 18-05-2019 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have an old aiwa stereo system

The sound is great from it but unfortunately there is an issue with the volume dial so I cant adjust it from it's eardrum blasting high

It had a remote but that seems to not work now.

I was thinking maybe one of those one 4 all universal remotes might be worth a punt but I haven't a clue if they would be compatible or not

Anyone know of what I should be looking for ? Some specific frequency of remote ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Have you tried having a search of your Aiwa's model number on the likes of eBay, etc. as there might be something like that for sale there. You might even notice remotes that have been programmed to work your Aiwa hifi.

A One-For-All remote, that mentions it'll do audio equipment, might work on basic features.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

You could also try cleaning the volume switch, the local motor factors will have Wurth or equivalent switch cleaner

Moved to audio hi-fis & separates

Advertisement