Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Game and Putting Lessons

Options
  • 14-05-2019 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭

Apologies in advance if a similar thread has already been posted. I am looking for somewhere that has a good set up and coach for some short game and putting lessons in the Dublin area. I have only just recently moved to Dublin so very unfamiliar with local courses/pro shops/driving ranges etc… and what they offer. I am living in Knocklyon (South Dublin) so somewhere close would be ideal but I would be also willing to travel for the right place.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I would say that the best set up for short game work is probably in the GUI academy at Carton House, but the pro at most golf courses would likely be able to facilitate short game lessons without much difficulty.

A few mates have had short game sessions with the Pro in my home club, Brian O'Brien, in Castlewarden (just off the N7, a couple of exits beyond Rathcoole) & were very impressed with him.

Haven't had a short game lesson from him myself so can't give any personal feedback.

If money is not an option, the Pelz school out in Killeen Castle would appear to be a good set up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I would say that the best set up for short game work is probably in the GUI academy at Carton House, but the pro at most golf courses would likely be able to facilitate short game lessons without much difficulty.

A few mates have had short game sessions with the Pro in my home club, Brian O'Brien, in Castlewarden (just off the N7, a couple of exits beyond Rathcoole) & were very impressed with him.

Haven't had a short game lesson from him myself so can't give any personal feedback.

If money is not an option, the Pelz school out in Killeen Castle would appear to be a good set up

Thanks spacecoyote, some good tips there. Ill check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

agree with space, Carton has excellent facilities
    Killeen Castle is the probably the best for lessons etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Apologies in advance if a similar thread has already been posted. I am looking for somewhere that has a good set up and coach for some short game and putting lessons in the Dublin area. I have only just recently moved to Dublin so very unfamiliar with local courses/pro shops/driving ranges etc… and what they offer. I am living in Knocklyon (South Dublin) so somewhere close would be ideal but I would be also willing to travel for the right place.

Thanks in advance.

Grange is only 5 mins away if you ring the Pro shop there 01 4932889, Michael and john do lessons. There is a good short game and putting green there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Did the 1 day clinic at Pelz last year. Only 3 of us there on the day I went, so got lots of time from the Pro on the day.

Found it very good for putting - focus was much more on speed and ensuring that you've put the ball on your chosen line, and less on green-reading, etc.

Pitch shots was very good as well. All about honing a repeatable technique to use from most distances.

Chipping and bunker play were disrupted by the weather, so didn't get as much from them as I would have liked TBH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

Another +1 for pelz short game school. In a space of hours I went in from a non existent short game to it now becoming the strongest aspect of my game

Advertisement