Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School photography

Options
  • 02-05-2019 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Rather than hire a photography company in, our school has utilised one of our parent photographers to take this years pupil photos.

The last time this was done, a poor soul got the job of bringing USB keys down to a Fuji centre and manually printing hundreds of different shots.

Can anyone recommend a printer that might be used to printing school photos? We can prepare an indesign file as needed etc.

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,532 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

the corpo wrote: »
    Hi,

Rather than hire a photography company in, our school has utilised one of our parent photographers to take this years pupil photos.

The last time this was done, a poor soul got the job of bringing USB keys down to a Fuji centre and manually printing hundreds of different shots.

Can anyone recommend a printer that might be used to printing school photos? We can prepare an indesign file as needed etc.

Thanks in advance!!

Could you not just send them to an online photo printer like snapfish?

Or I wonder would there maybe be some potential privacy issue there..hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

I'll get in touch with them, but I was just hoping for a local company with experience in this type of job. If our designer can prepare a file that they can simply rattle off, rather than us submitting hundreds of different orders, too much room for error!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

the corpo wrote: »
    I'll get in touch with them, but I was just hoping for a local company with experience in this type of job. If our designer can prepare a file that they can simply rattle off, rather than us submitting hundreds of different orders, too much room for error!

Can you not upload all photos you want to print and do it in one order? Even if you need different print sizes it should be pretty easily done on snap fish or other online portals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

It'll probably come to that, just eager to see if there are companies with specific experience of school job lots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I was the poor soul volunteer parent photographer once upon a time for the school photos. Realistically, there's no difference between printing 400 school photos or 400 holiday photos to a print company once you've submitted them. I could be remembering wrong, but I think we just went with Photobox and uploaded them all through their online portal. No issues with photos received back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement