Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asphalt drive quote

Options
  • 15-05-2019 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I got a quote of €4,000 for an asphalt driveway.

The size is 85m2.

The guy said it would be over €5,500 for the cobblestone and asphalt would be better.

From my understanding asphalt is same/similar to tarmac and that it will crack and possibly sink in the future.

Is the price I got inline with the cost of doing the same?

I have tried to get other quotes but nobody has got back to me yet.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bindertwine

bri007 wrote: »
    Hi all,

The size is 85m2.

The guy said it would be over €5,500 for the cobblestone and asphalt would be better.

From my understanding asphalt is same/similar to tarmac and that it will crack and possibly sink in the future.

Thanks in advance

Where are you based? Whats involved? Seems excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

We are based in north Dublin. It involves removal of old concrete drive and garden and then the new asphalt laid.

Yeah I was thinking it seems excessive but due to my having any other quotes I was unsure.
    Where are you based? Whats involved? Seems excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bindertwine

Removal of concrete etc will add to the cost, plus if your sub base needs strengthening, if the sub base is sound you will not have any sinking in the future. My driveway is mad up of 150mm of 804 compacted and a 60mm finished depth of wearing course macadam, its down almost 14 years and no sinking or ravelling. SMA is now the recommended material for driveways.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

bri007 wrote: »
    Hi all,

The size is 85m2.

Thanks in advance

Just wondering did you get this job done and who did you use?

Advertisement