Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lorry hit my car

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,087 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

listermint wrote: »
    That's not what you said ,for clarity.

The dealer no dealer has tools or skills onsite to repair crashed vehicles. They use exactly the same places as the leading insurers. I can send you a list.

Your contact via the main dealer is irrelevant. They offer no better or worse service. You'd get the same service from the reputable repair centre.

That's the reality.

Ok chief, whatever worthless point you are valiantly still trying to make, go ahead. Perhaps at some stage you can share how its relevant to the thread?

The fact remains, you bring it to the main dealer, they give it back to you repaired. That's the reality.
    Why you think what happens between those two points is in *any* way relevant is beyond me, but you just keep on digging!

By the way, you didn't actually post your last post, you sent it to your ISP and they posted it on your behalf, unless you can show the the internet backbone in your garage then your post was sent elsewhere...see how worthless that point is?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

OP. Go back to the TP insurers and explain to them you are not accepting the fillers their garage has quoted for. Ask for a revised situation where replacement parts are used or you will go to your own garage. Give them 24 hours to revert with their agreement to this. Reasonable approach to problems usually gets results

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

GreeBo threadbanned until 14 April

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

OP. Go back to the TP insurers and explain to them you are not accepting the fillers their garage has quoted for. Ask for a revised situation where replacement parts are used or you will go to your own garage. Give them 24 hours to revert with their agreement to this. Reasonable approach to problems usually gets results

But there’s no need to waste time accommodating them. They’ve accepted liability. This isn’t a negotiation. If you introduce the potential for faffing about, about will be faffed.

You’re the one who’s suffered damage and inconvenience, Op. Inform your insurance company. Then get your car to a repairer or dealer of your choice, and get the work done to your satisfaction.

endacl wrote: »
    But there’s no need to waste time accommodating them. They’ve accepted liability. This isn’t a negotiation. If you introduce the potential for faffing about, about will be faffed.

You’re the one who’s suffered damage and inconvenience, Op. Inform your insurance company. Then get your car to a repairer or dealer of your choice, and get the work done to your satisfaction.

Because it's easier if they respond to your concerns and agree to what you want. You can go to your own garage, but their engineer will have to go over the estimate and agree the works. Trust me, the claim handler will want to box this off without hassle and move on to the next one. This is everyday stuff, not a battle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Jesus that needs a new rear quarter panel. Anything else is a botch. Thing is, a new rear quarter is a pretty big repair and the op would cry if they saw what was involved in that.
    Take it to audi main dealer only. Our local audi dealer in mayo has a full bodyshop on site so some cerysi ly do this work in house. Still it doesnt matter whether they outsource or not - you have comeback with audi. If there are any issues, you are dealing with audi and not some repair shop that will mess you about.
    3k wont cover a new quarter panel and all that goes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

After many many calls yesterday, the car is now getting a new quater panel, Insurance company are also arranging car hire from enterprise.
    Thank you for all the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Hows the suspension etc? Big knock on the side of a stationary car, I'd be looking at it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm actually scared that there's a repairer out there that would quote to 'repair' that not replace the quarter.

You probably don't want to see what's involved in replacing a rear quarter panel btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

L1011 wrote: »
    I'm actually scared that there's a repairer out there that would quote to 'repair' that not replace the quarter.

You probably don't want to see what's involved in replacing a rear quarter panel btw.

Yep, alot of people would just trade in a car that was going to need a quarter panel job.
    For the op, quarterpanel is not a bolt on repair.
    It has to be cut off the car, new panel joined in, welded, visible joint refinished etc.
    Id love to know what the quote looks like now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

I'm not sure how happy I'd be using their recommended repairer given what they're suggesting. You don't have to go with the insurer's preferred repair shop. You can pick where you want and send them the bill.

seagull wrote: »
    I'm not sure how happy I'd be using their recommended repairer given what they're suggesting. You don't have to go with the insurer's preferred repair shop. You can pick where you want and send them the bill.

Not exactly. The estimate needs to be assessed by the insurer. If it represents a reasonable cost of repair, it will be paid

Advertisement