Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 channel DVR

Options
  • 30-03-2021 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭

I currently have a Swann 9 channel DVR based in my attic and fed via a modulator, combined with Saorview to all TVs in the house.

It's several years old at this stage and I've been wondering about a replacement if it goes bust. The problem is I can't seem to find a quality hybrid brand which offers 9 channels. They mostly seem to be 8 or 16 channel.

I'm dubious about going for a 16 channel version as the picture area for each channel will be reduced when monitoring the multiplexed output on a TV.

I would go for a 16 channel unit if i knew I could operate it in 9 channel (3x3) mode. It would also need to remember to reboot in 9 channel mode in the event of a power cut. I've been trying to research the user manuals of some 16 channel units, but none I've seen specifically mention if it's possible to operate in 9 channel mode.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be grateful :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭pegasuspub

hi i am pretty sure some of the better spec hikvision models that have a bnc cvbs out socket that allow connection to a rf modulator allow the cvbs screen options to be set up independently of the hdmi-vga output,
    you could just set up the 9 cameras you desire on that bnc out.

Advertisement