Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hikvision Camera Help

• 23-03-2021 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

You might be able to help me with an issue I have.

I have a Hikvision system with DVR and 3 cameras. The system is 4 years old.

2 cameras at the front of the property and 1 at the rear.

One of the camera's is losing its video picture intermittently and I think its possibly down to moisture inside the camera which is causing video/power loss to the camera.

The cabling is all internal so no wiring is exposed internally but we had a previous problem with hot air from the house hitting the cold camera which led to a moisture build-up in another one of the cameras. This was replaced under the warranty and a seal placed to stop the hot air hitting the camera.

I'm thinking this is the same for the other camera but I'm not sure how to open up the camera.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Images attached of the camera from different angles.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭altor

OnLooker wrote: »
    You might be able to help me with an issue I have.

I have a Hikvision system with DVR and 3 cameras. The system is 4 years old.

2 cameras at the front of the property and 1 at the rear.

One of the camera's is losing its video picture intermittently and I think its possibly down to moisture inside the camera which is causing video/power loss to the camera.

The cabling is all internal so no wiring is exposed internally but we had a previous problem with hot air from the house hitting the cold camera which led to a moisture build-up in another one of the cameras. This was replaced under the warranty and a seal placed to stop the hot air hitting the camera.

I'm thinking this is the same for the other camera but I'm not sure how to open up the camera.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Images attached of the camera from different angles.

Thanks for the help

You can usually see moisture inside the camera looking at the lens if the seal on that was broken.
    If you line up the line on the camera in image 2 with the lid of the cameras this will allow you open the top camera housing.
    This will allow you look inside metal camera base to see if the connections are ok or corroded.
    The base usually has a weep hole at the bottom to allow water build up out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

altor wrote: »
    You can usually see moisture inside the camera looking at the lens if the seal on that was broken.
    If you line up the line on the camera in image 2 with the lid of the cameras this will allow you open the top camera housing.
    This will allow you look inside metal camera base to see if the connections are ok or corroded.
    The base usually has a weep hole at the bottom to allow water build up out.
    Yeah no build up on the lens that I can see. Sometimes the moisture can build up when the CAT5 cable goes into the camera.

Any idea how to get access to see this? How do you take off the ring etc..?

Yeah no build up on the lens that I can see. Sometimes the moisture can build up when the CAT5 cable goes into the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

If easily accessible you could switch one of the cameras that are working with the one that is not working. That test should tell you if it's the camera or something else that is causing the problem.

Not sure what you exactly mean on this.

Are you referencing the line connected to the wall mount with the label above it?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Not sure what you exactly mean on this.

Are you referencing the line connected to the wall mount with the label above it?

Thanks

Look at image 2.

See the line above the grommet, twist camera top cover to line up with the place for the screw driver.
    Its to the left of the line as you look at the image.

Look at image 2.

See the line above the grommet, twist camera top cover to line up with the place for the screw driver.
    Its to the left of the line as you look at the image.

Spot on. When I tried it the other day I was fearful of breaking the cover but now I know thats the thing to do I'll try with more force.

Spot on. When I tried it the other day I was fearful of breaking the cover but now I know thats the thing to do I'll try with more force.

Once lined up it should come away easy enough.
    Don't use to much force as its a plastic clip holing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bobmarray16

Advertisement