Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube confirm age

Options
  • 21-03-2021 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Anyone have to confirm their age lately on youtube. Its looking for an id pic or bank card. Has anyone else sent the info. I have a youtube account about 10 years and the last week its the first ive seen of it. Certain content wont load until i prove im old enough i suppose....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

No fukking way am I going to be sending those data mining sh!tehawks that sort of documentation.

There is no legitimate reason for a social media platform to hold that sort of data on users.

Joke is if you have an android phone or use google services or have one of those home eavesdropping devices they probably know exactly who you are and a massive amount about your activities and proclivities already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Joke is if you have an android phone or use google services or have one of those home eavesdropping devices they probably know exactly who you are and a massive amount about your activities and proclivities already.

No kidding, people are up in arms about privacy yet they wilfully give out a lot of info about themselves through social media and online activity without a second thought.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I can understand to a certain extent such a requirement, I've not received such a request but I'd certainly be very reluctant to share Personal or financial info with any 3rd party site. My account is using a Gmail account, in existence for over 20 years, as Google owns this site you'd have to think common sense would prevail by checking how long users Gmail account in existence?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

MOD: Thread moved to Social Media & Blogging where better answers could be provided.

Please read the Social Media & Blogging Charter, which can be found here before posting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have been asked on occasion too.
    I have not and will not provide the type of info they are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

It asked me to confirm my age with a passport to watch a TG4 traditional music video ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Never been asked but then that could be because I have Google pay so they already have the information they need?
    I don’t care anyway, it makes my life easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I've noticed that as well

Advertisement