Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honeymoon in Ireland

Options
  • 09-03-2021 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi All, we are going ahead with our wedding in June whatever the numbers so we would like to find somewhere to go for a few days afterwards. has anyone any suggestions? Preferably somewhere with a spa, lovely restaurant and if possible a sea view! TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Morning,

We spent a few nights in the Ice House in Ballina and it was just gorgeous. On the River and the food is just fantastic. Has a spa and lovely treatments. Really lovely place.

The Wineport too also has very good food and on a Lough. Lovely rooms and staff. Small spa also but treatments available.

Went to Monart and Seafield previously and even though both have bigger pools we preferred the Ice House and then Wineport.

Haven't been but have a look at the Cliff House in Waterford, that should have sea views. Food and place good I believe.

You can get seaweed baths in the Voga place in Strandhill that is supposed to be great. Both the Ice House and Wineport use Voga and they are beautiful Irish products.

Look up Galgorm, again haven't been but was recommended to me previously as a friend enjoyed it.

Inchydoney definitely has beautiful sea views but mixed reports from there. I know my parents went and didn't have a good stay. Complained to the staff as to what wasn't great and got a voucher. Went back and same issues.

Enjoy the research.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭sasal

Dingle Skellig.
    The Spa is lovely, sea view from the hot tub.
    Also a short walk into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Parknasilla is worth a look.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,651 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

aquinn wrote: »
    Look up Galgorm, again haven't been but was recommended to me previously as a friend enjoyed it.

Inchydoney definitely has beautiful sea views but mixed reports from there. I know my parents went and didn't have a good stay. Complained to the staff as to what wasn't great and got a voucher. Went back and same issues.

Enjoy the research.

I've been to the bar in Galgorm, but not stayed there. It seemed like a nice place, and I'd be interested in staying there.

I looked into having my wedding reception in Inchydonny, but wasn't impressed and went elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Galgorm is fabulous. You'll lack a sea view but it is located on a riverbank. Few restaurants to choose from too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

Currarevagh House. You can take a boat out on the lake and they have a lakeside sauna which I’d love!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 salad_man

Also looking for recommended honeymoon locations for early August. Have a couple of nights booked in the Europe Hotel Killarney but looking for at least one other destination to move on to from there

Cheers

Advertisement