Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy dream for when the lockdowns lift...

Options
  • 05-02-2021 7:38am

So, mid 30s, no prior responsibilities, thinking long term, I have a crazy idea...

I spent 4 of the best months of my life on a work visa in Canada before coming back to Ireland for 7 years of drudgery, and I’m thinking I need to get back to college.

Local to where I was, a prestigious college offers a program in my field which would qualify me for the next tier in it. I’d walk out with the qualification and the experience to master the field.

Problem is, on top of the massive expense, they say that as an international mature student you’d have to come in as a transfer student from another programme.

I’m at the “looking at a small pot and wondering what to do with it” stage, I don’t see myself applying for years if at all, but is this a realistic goal to aim for in the medium term?

Advertisement